Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:30 AM

Default It just keeps getting worse...

Bad night (-110BB/500 hands). Therefore that means lots of second-guessing for me.

Party 5/10

Villain is new, no stats, no remarkable plays yet.

Folded to me, I raise on the button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Only BB calls.

Flop (4 sb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets, I raise, he 3bets.

Good, bad, meh? Please decide before you read the next post

(to be continued...)
Old 07-09-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Turn

To recap:

I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Board is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn (5 BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets, I call.

Good, bad, meh? River to follow.

(to be concluded...)
Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: It just keeps getting worse...

I don't really like the flop raise. I would call down. I would try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. I view this as a way ahead/way behind situation, unless he has a flushdraw or A8 or something but even then you are pretty solidly ahead. When he 3bets you on the flop, you could still easily be ahead so you need to call down. Also you don't want him folding a hand like 44 or a bluff. Let him keep betting at you and bet if checked to.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 AM

Default River and results

To recap:

I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Board is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River (7 BB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets, I call

Good, bad, meh?

(to be critiqued...)
Old 07-09-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Analysis

Does it really count as analysis/thought process if I keep changing my read so I can keep calling down?

Flop - he's unlikely to have a Q. He may be betting with a flush draw, a 6, an A, two cards higher than a 6, or a complete bluff. He'll call my raise with most of those hands, so I raise. I'd rather make him pay if he's drawing, since he could have anywhere from 3-15 outs. When he 3bets, it's still not likely a Q.

Turn - that's a pretty bad card. One of the hands I was hoping he had just got there. I'll still call because he could be bluffing the scare card, or betting his 6.

River - like I said, it just keeps getting worse. Now I'm behind his 6 that I was hoping he had. I'm getting 8-1 on my call, will he have an A or a smaller pair that often? Probably not.

Like I said, I played this very fish-like (just like Clarkmeister's famous "What the fish put you on" thread)

Oh yeah, he had a Q.