Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Major Problems with cardroom staff and management at Caesar\'s Indiana.

Am I the only one who thinks that there's no rule to prohibit a player in a cash game from turning up his cards during the play of the hand?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Major Problems with cardroom staff and management at Caesar\'s Indiana.

You cannot turn up your hole cards when there are still others playing out a hand. You're not even aloud to talk about the hand if you are not in it, or in effect do something that might affect the play of one or more of the remaining players.

Most cardrooms prohibit this, but in general it is poor ettiquette.

If you fold 77 on the flop and the turn and the river brings 77, and you say 'damn, I folded quads' then you may be screwing up someones bluff or giving a player unfair information relating to his hand, which ultamitely will cost someone money.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:36 AM

First off, bitching about new and inexperienced dealers these days is like banging your head on a brick wall REAL HARD. No point really, it will just give you a headache. The poker boom is SO huge that virtually all cardrooms can't even keep dealers in stock, let alone keep only a bunch of experienced ones.

As for your point d, the dealer should KNOW how much is in the pot (for purposes of raking), but is in no way obligated, nor even allowed, to tell you how much money is in the pot, except in pot limit games, and then only if asked. It ain't online already, there is no "pot size indicator," it's your job to keep track for yourself.

The floor should have asked big boy to stop exposing his hand in multiway pots.

al
Old 04-09-2005, 01:34 PM

If I'm the floor, I'm letting the guy turn his cards up any time he likes, as long as he shows them to everybody.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm the floor, I'm letting the guy turn his cards up any time he likes, as long as he shows them to everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that?

8 people to the flop, you have KK on the button. Flop comes K 8 3. SB exposes his pocket 88 and bets outs. 6 players fold to you.

Anyone who intentionally exposes their cards in a multiway pot before the showdown should have their hand killed.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:00 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Major Problems with cardroom staff and management at Caesar\'s Indi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that?

8 people to the flop, you have KK on the button. Flop comes K 8 3. SB exposes his pocket 88 and bets outs. 6 players fold to you.

Anyone who intentionally exposes their cards in a multiway pot before the showdown should have their hand killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If he wants to play his hand face up let him.

To tell the truth I don't really understand why it's a problem in Tourney play, however there is a rule so you have to follow it. In a side game expose away, it makes my decision easier.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If he wants to play his hand face up let him.

To tell the truth I don't really understand why it's a problem in Tourney play, however there is a rule so you have to follow it. In a side game expose away, it makes my decision easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read my example? His exposure of his cards would likely cost you over 10 BB, possibly much more.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a side game expose away, it makes my decision easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have TT. Flop is KT2. Turn is 3. River is K.
I bet the river, you raise. Last player shows KJ and mucks.
I have K2. He has made my decision easier, and it is costing you an additional bet that I may not have put in if I did not know that my hand was now the nut.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
d) Inability to tell me the amount of money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you have trouble keeping track of the pot size in a limit game, try setting aside one chip from your stack for every bet. when you get to the turn, take away half (as you are now counting BB's) and keep adding one for each bet. It is a simple and effective way to keep track of pot odds.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
d) Inability to tell me the amount of money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you have trouble keeping track of the pot size in a limit game, try setting aside one chip from your stack for every bet. when you get to the turn, take away half (as you are now counting BB's) and keep adding one for each bet. It is a simple and effective way to keep track of pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some of the best advice I have ever heard. Wish I had of that when I was trying to learn the game, play live and keep track of the pot.