Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-09-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Not a fossil bashing post

[ QUOTE ]
Up to and including this year's main event, 7. 4 World Poker Finals, and 3 WSOP main events. Since this year's WSOP, 6. So, 2 final tables out of 13 tries in biggies for a win and a show, with 11 no-cash attempts.

Fields ranged from 89 to 2576, with 10 of the 13 between 300 and 700 players.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Question:

Do you think its a direct result of your style that you either go very far(final table) or don't make the money at all or is that just a coincidence?
Old 12-09-2004, 05:14 PM

I wouldnt presume to answer for a player who has the skill level of Greg, but yes whenever you play extremely aggressively and choose to take any positive EV gambles early on(EVCHIPS=EV TOURNEY) then by definition your "gambles" will produce much more variance. Of course with fields being as large as they are these days(2500 in the case of the WSOP) this style of play may perhaps be the only one which results in a reasonable expectation of a win. All this makes Harrington's recent results all the more incredible...is his book released yet?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt if he cares some college aged kids think he is worlclass or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't leave out us old guys, now.

and i don't understand the whole Fossilman bashing going on. the guy has always been respectful to other posters and generous with his insights. he certainly has an above average understanding of the concepts needed to excel in poker tournaments as well.

cheers!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 PM

Zaxx,

The following is a quote from your 1st post on the Greg Raymer = Overrated thread you started.

[ QUOTE ]
All this does/did not make Raymer a worlclass player...and quite frankly he isnt one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'and quite frankly isn't one' could certainly be construed as Raymer bashing.

While I have seen you often attempt to belittle his play and accomplishments albeit often with backhanded compliments, I have actually seen few posts that rank / defend him as the greatest or top or god like player you say we all make him out to be.

Me thinks you are trying to fix a problem that does not exist.

People often laud him for his insight, and recent accomplishment. They admire him for being a student of the game, working hard, sharing his thoughts, and succeeding at one of the most difficult goals one can set for themselves. One which most of us only dream about and will never come close to achieving.

The admiration for the accomplishment is a far cry from saying he is the best in the world.

And people defend him around here because of his posting history. If other top respected MTT posters would've won, you would see an equal amount of support for that person.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:35 PM

Default is\'nt this the Pot calling the Kettle black? I\'m LMFAO!

[ QUOTE ]
is think more like an ambassador when you post.

That is, make your point, but do it with words carefully selected to not be offensive. The words and phrases you have chosen carry strong implications that you were trashing me. If you had said the same thing with more neutral words, you could've made that point, and not raised any ire.

I'm glad you weren't trying to trash me. Nobody ever likes that. Maybe we'll get along here at some point despite the rocky start.

I hope so.

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you were thinking of choosing words that were not offensive when you called me Desmond Diarrhea and a 'moron' even after you knew i had never called you any offensive name or bashed you? talk about being an ambassador. gedthafugoutahere.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:34 PM

Lurshy, honestly when posting that ridiculousness didnt you feel silly?? I was bashing Greg by saying he isnt worldclass?? Oh, bc I said "quite frankly" I didnt believe he was worldclass?? Ya thats pretty harsh, lol. If thats the best you can dig up in all my comments well .... ridiculous IS the word or perhaps paranoid.

I never backtracked from anything. You may have inferred something from the original post that simpley wasnt there, that quite simply is your problem, not mine.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:34 PM

Default Re: is\'nt this the Pot calling the Kettle black? I\'m LMFAO!

Right, but Greg isn't a lower life form.

Big difference.

[ QUOTE ]
or bashed you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are bashing him in the post which you are saying you never bashed him in. You bash him all the time. You have been bashing him for as long as I have been a member of this site.

Yet, you NEVER contribute anything. NOTHING. You have negative amounts of poker knowledge. You do realize this is a site about poker, and that you have the opportunity to expand your poker IQ, right? Yet, you don't choose to do that. All you do is continue to spew nonsense from that hole in your face. Yet, people are supposed to take you seriously and respect you and your opinions?

What a complete joke.

Not once have you ever demonstrated any amount of intelligence. I don't believe I have ever seen you make one post that wasn't completely ignorant and immature.

Period.

I remember trying to be civil and hold an intelligent discussion with you once. You were incapable of that then, and you still are.

And in case you have forgotten, Greg doesn't see your posts anymore.