Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-24-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Not sure I played this correctly, comments appreciated.

Table has been running about 50% seeing the flop. The table has been about normal as far as aggression goes. No maniacs, no calling stations and no real LAGs.

Reads: the players involved in this pot are about typical for the $1/$2 limits, they call when they shouldn't, call raises when they shouldn't, etc.

I'm really questioning my Turn play here although comments are welcome on all streets.

Pacific Poker $1/$2 table. 10 handed.

<font color="red">Hero </font> is SB.
Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="red">Hero raises </font>, <font color="red">BB reraises </font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="red">Hero caps </font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop (17 SB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Turn (10 BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, <font color="red">BB raises </font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 reraises </font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River (19 BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, BB calls, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises </font>, <font color="red">Hero reraises </font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final pot 28 BB.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Not sure I played this correctly, comments appreciated.

Good flop bet.

I would probably check call the turn, but I don't think betting out is bad. You obviously have to call the 3-bet on the turn.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:33 PM

Looks fine to me. You are drawing to the apparent nuts.. (reason I say apparent is the possbility of a straight flush). You have the pot odds, even if BB caps heind you you are still ok.(Becuase of the implied odds if you make your flush)
Old 09-24-2004, 01:40 PM

I think the turn bet is o.k. I try and never see monsters (a 6 in this case) until someone convinces me otherwise.

The call of the re-raise seems straight-forward but I even wonder that since you're drawing to the probable nut flush (yes, a straight flush could be out there - there's those damn monsters again! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) whether you should cap the turn. My quickie calculations seem to indicate that you'd be getting the odds (16 BBs to you and then you bet 3) to do so, so would you do this for value anyone?
Old 09-25-2004, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The call of the re-raise seems straight-forward but I even wonder that since you're drawing to the probable nut flush (yes, a straight flush could be out there - there's those damn monsters again! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) whether you should cap the turn. My quickie calculations seem to indicate that you'd be getting the odds (16 BBs to you and then you bet 3) to do so, so would you do this for value anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You don't bet for value based on pot odds, you bet for value based on pot equity. In other words, you have about 4-1 to make the flush, but since there are only 3 other players in, you only get 3 to 1 on raises. Add in the possibility that BB will fold, and it gets worse.