Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 PM

Default capped flop made me play my AA too passively

2nd hand at table, no reads. after CO bet into me on the flop and then capped, I thought either a set or A3 (falling into the trap of thinking opponent always makes the best hand ). I think checking the turn makes sense but after villain checks thru, I think I should have value bet river but I didn't want to get raised, as I felt that any hand that was raising me would beat me. Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 3 folds, CO calls, [i]1 fold[/i, SB calls, 1 fold.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets CO raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 11-30-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: capped flop made me play my AA too passively

i would value bet here for sure... your willingness to three bet the hand on flop shows you had a hand you werent likely going to get away from... and if he had your aces cracked at this point, know way he would check the turn...

definite river bet, and if CO did slowplay like a moron after capping on flop and reraised you on the river, it'd be the same as if he had bet the turn and river with you calling down...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM

not to ignore sb either... clear flush draw to me with possible top pair/open ended straight draw possibilities, either of which have you beat by river, but double check makes either unlikely and he should be bet into for the same reason as CO
Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 PM

Villian is not raising your bet with a made straight. He will slow play that. Seeing how he cold called your raise he may have a set but after checking the turn I am doubting that. With a set villian is betting the turn and maybe folding to a raise. I don't think he checks. Bet the river.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 PM

Donk the turn and call down from there if raised by CO (consider folding if BB gets cute with a c/r). THe most like holdings for CO given the preflop action are some lesser overpair or a flush draw and both of these hands betting this turn is the best play. Also, bet the river because you have the best hand.