Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Union

Hey guys, first time poster here. Wanted to buy some stuff, and thought you guys might like this idea.

There are alot of people selling databases of hands these days. I was wondering if a group would like to get together and pool money to purchase some of these databases. This would allow us to lower the cost individually.

PM me if interested.

thanks
dave
Old 11-07-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Union

They cost like 20$......
Old 11-07-2005, 04:20 AM

I was talking about the ones being sold my KaneKungFu et al.
350 dollars.
50 bucks each for 7 of us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
dave
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, first time poster here. Wanted to buy some stuff, and thought you guys might like this idea.

There are alot of people selling databases of hands these days. I was wondering if a group would like to get together and pool money to purchase some of these databases. This would allow us to lower the cost individually.

PM me if interested.

thanks
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt sound like a scam.

Sure, lets slpit it 50/50...I'll pay you, whenever you buy it, just email it to me, I trust you.. Let me know how everything goes
Old 11-07-2005, 10:57 AM

I don't think Kane would mind if you bought his DB and shared with a couple of friends. Mass copying it and screwing him would go against my gaming ethics. So if 3 guys went in for a little over a hundred each he won't care, but if you buy one copy and make a bit torrent or something then its just wrong.

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Kane would mind if you bought his DB and shared with a couple of friends. Mass copying it and screwing him would go against my gaming ethics. So if 3 guys went in for a little over a hundred each he won't care, but if you buy one copy and make a bit torrent or something then its just wrong.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and people that play high enough stakes to afford it should buy it themselves out right.

Those of us that play low stakes NL and limit, and don't really have the funds to buy it. nor will it probably help our winrate as much as those that play higher stakes. We are the ones that should group with like 5 of us and buy them, just lowering the cost on the individual. It shouldn't affect their sales, because individually none of us should be buying it alone. I don't have any plans to torrent it or anything, just share it among the group.

I don't care who in the group actually makes the purchase, I figure it will be whichever of us is most well known and respected on 2+2. The group can decide.

dave
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

either way it's wrong, and it should be against your general ethics. has nothing to do w/ "gaming" ethics.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:43 PM

I see the big picture. Ethics are different for me. I just don't want to screw anybody out of $, that's all. Kane can either get $365 from three of us or $0 from three of us. I prolly wouldn't have time to review the data anyway. I just don't want this DB mass produced because then he is getting badly screwed.

Indy
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

either way it's wrong, and it should be against your general ethics. has nothing to do w/ "gaming" ethics.

[/ QUOTE ]

you people kill me.

what are the ethics of selling databases??

if someone wants stats on me, let them play me.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you people kill me.

what are the ethics of selling databases??

[/ QUOTE ]

same as selling any other piece of intellectual property -DVD's, CD's, etc. what I said could easily have been said about these people pooling money to buy these things as well - it has nothing to do w/ Poker, or Pokertracker, or stats, etc.