Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Best monitor for the money

I see alot about the Dell 2001fp, but im wondering for both flat and non what is the best for the money, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Im used to overlap now, but would like to be able to 6 or 8 table comfortably on one monitor as i only 4 table now. Thanks all
Old 09-26-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Best monitor for the money

best buy store brand does 1600x1200 75hz costs <140
Old 09-26-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see alot about the Dell 2001fp, but im wondering for both flat and non what is the best for the money, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Im used to overlap now, but would like to be able to 6 or 8 table comfortably on one monitor as i only 4 table now. Thanks all

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you consider "comfortably." If you are going to want to get 8 tables with some overlap you will have to find a 21"+ CRT monitor and a nice video card both of which will support resolutions of 2048x1536. That resolution still leaves you 1/2 table short in width and 1/2 table short in heighth for 9 table display or 8 with the lobby screen.

If you could find a video card to support it, this monitor would be perfect for your 1 monitor 16 tabling with no overlap and room to spare, almost enough to fit 20 with no overlap:

Link to the Beast

The Sticker Shock might just kill you though:

Good God!

There are programs and such that can expand the capabilities of your video card and monitor to achieve higher resolutions.

Check this out...

Check this forum and forums at Slick Deals and Fatwallet over through the end of October and look for deals on Dell's 2001FP. As the quarter comes to a close dell usually scrambles up a few hot deals to boost their sales numbers. Hopefully there will be a deal for the 2001FP for around $400 shipped.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can 6 table, w/ some overlap, on a 2405fpw