Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Party $50/100 - pocket 5s hit perfect

good explanation, thks bob
Old 12-16-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only decision is whether or not to 3 bet the river, I probably would. The flop bet and river bet IMO are absolute no-brainers. Do you really thing the SB is playing 56 this way? Its a pretty horrible line for him on the river. If so then I'm not sure of the "solid" read on him.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain to me why this is a horrible line for 56?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's too much downside to checking. First the obvious it might get checked thru. Maybe the button was just getting frisky with two pair or a set on the turn and now decides to check. Also obviously the player in the middle, who knows what he has maybe a slowplay of two pair or a set also that got ugly on the turn. He might make a crying call in this pot for one bet but not for two. If the button does have a 5 he's probably going to raise the river once anyway without thinking allowing you to get in 3 bets. By checking we not only have the above issues with the middle player, but now you've made him think twice about his 5 and only two bets might go in when he has a straight as opposed to 3.

Just my 2 cents.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]this analysis assumes that the other 2 in the pot are incredibly 100% retarded. just dumb as hell.

would u really raise this river w/ 55? why?
ther only hand the sb can have after capping turn and checking river is 56.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:47 PM

I'm not sure what you're debating here? My post was regarding why I think the line of the SB to check the 56 on the river is a horrible play. I wasnt really commenting on the hero's play. Looking at the fact that you'd actually check through 55 on the river in the hero's spot is just another reason why the 56 should lead out.

-ActionBob