Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Unethical behavior at the table-- how do you handle it?

I was playing the 1/2 no-limit at Foxwoods today (and I won't bore you with the string of bad beats that have me in a really pissy mood right now) and I saw some things that I really was uncomfortable with.

First of all, one player would sell $100 in chips (the max buyin) to new players when they sat down, then the $100 bills would 'mysteriously' not be on the 20 minutes later. I came out and asked him what happened to the cash and he said he put it in his pocket. This is blatantly in violation of the entire concept of table stakes, particularly in big-bet poker and I told him so, explaining why it was inappropriate. He said something to the effect of 'so, are you going to turn me in?' and I, being overly nonconfrontational (read: a complete pansy), didn't. I never got involved in a big pot against him but, if I had, I would have been pretty pissed that he'd ratholed so much money. How do you handle this?

The second issue was with a player who kept going to his pocket and bringing money up to the table and sliding it under his chips. At Foxwoods, the rule is that you have to be below $40 to put more money on the table but this guy was doing it every time he got around $60. He was such a terrible player that I didn't really mind him having extra available but, again, he's breaking the rules and the dealer didn't notice/say anything and I don't think any of the other players were paying attention, either. How do you handle this?