Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:01 PM

Default the colbert report

this show premiered the other day and so far i really like it. every episode has been pretty great.

i have always been a big fan of colbert's work on the daily show, and his work on the show 'strangers with candy'. the book he co-authored 'wigfield' is very funny as well.

the painting of him standing in front of a painting of himself is classic.

the daily show/colbert report is the perfect combination and i will be watching nightly.

sadly it is followed up by the floundering adam corolla show. which, with the exception of steve-o acting like an idiot, is unwatchable and awkward.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: the colbert report

I dont get cable but my pops is recording it on his PC and I will burn it onto a dvd this weekend.

Adam Corolla was much better when he was making fun of people with sexual dysfunction on loveline. Come to think of it, anyone would be funny in that role.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:06 PM

I watched the first one and didn't think much of it at all but I wasn't really paying attention. Everyone I know who has watched it has a similar opinion as yourself so I'm going to give it another chance. Although truth be told I haven't really been into the Dailey Show much either starting early last summer. Seems like the jokes and themes are somewhat repitive at this point.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:06 PM

Adam Carolla's stuff doesn't really work for TV. Much better for radio when you don't have to be visually stimulated.

Colbert's show is good, definitely. I just think the concepts could get old. Namely the smart-assery and constant mimicking of the O'Reilly Factor.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:14 PM

so colbert will still be on the daily show?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adam Carolla's stuff doesn't really work for TV. Much better for radio when you don't have to be visually stimulated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam going with no studio audience was the dumbest thing he's ever done.. makes for INCREDIBLY awkward moments.

Did anyone see the episode where Steve-o was absolutely hammered and started breaking things?

THAT was fantastic.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:25 PM

don't know. im sure he is spending all of his time writing and preparing for his own show, so probably not.

i'm sure it is only a matter of time until he does a good guest spot on the daily show though.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this show premiered the other day and so far i really like it. every episode has been pretty great.

i have always been a big fan of colbert's work on the daily show, and his work on the show 'strangers with candy'. the book he co-authored 'wigfield' is very funny as well.

the painting of him standing in front of a painting of himself is classic.

the daily show/colbert report is the perfect combination and i will be watching nightly.

sadly it is followed up by the floundering adam corolla show. which, with the exception of steve-o acting like an idiot, is unwatchable and awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Corolla show...I think he is really funny which is sometimes lost by that fact that he has no audience.

Steve-O was probably the highlight so far admittedly.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:55 PM

Colbert's first episode on Monday night was awful. First 2 1/2 minutes were solid....steep downhill dive after that.

I haven't gotten a chance to see another episode since.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 PM

i dont know what you thought was awful about it. i loved it. he is also hosting a fake news show. i dont think he will be on the daily show anymore, they got a few new reporters (rob cordrys little brother...<3) to replace colbert. this is all in good fun and theyre not actually serious about their "liberalness" if thats why all the conservatives hate it. i would say more than anything its just a satire of what is actually going on daily in our government, and theres soooo much stupid crap they will have a hard time running out of material.

rj