Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
the parallel that I drew, which worries me, is X Files. for the first few seasons, X Files was the best drama/action/sci-fi show on TV. the alien/conspiracy plot line was very interesting, and trying to figure it all out kept viewers tuning in. problem was, instead of letting viewers figure it out, they just kept adding more and more questions/problems, and it got the point that there were so many contradictions that the writers could no longer answer all the questions. the show basically crashed and burned, and many questions have not been answered (and it's basically too late to sort it all out).

I worry somewhat about these same things happening to Lost, but my sense is that the writers have a much better "long term" grasp of where the show needs to be. like another poster stated, what's critical is that the writers figure out the sweet spot for how many seasons the show should run, and write the rest of the episodes with this in mind. if they just keep dragging it out, it will turn into the X files. if they decide to take the high road and make one of the best 3-4 seasons shows ever, then I think the potential is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between LOST and The X-files is that LOST is a soap-opera type story line. In the X-files, most episodes could stand alone, even if there was a little connection to the "overall" storyline.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats funny I was just in the process of starting a group called "Lost fans who hate Lost but still watch it every week".

I'm sure I could probably get atleast 100,00 other people in my boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I've been since the show started. I've often said that I hate this show, but I've never missed an episode.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:29 PM

Pre-flight stuff/people with post-crash stuff/people.

So here's what I remember:

Sawyer got drunk with Jack's dad.
Hurly won the lottery with the island broadcasted numbers.
Jack ran with the bunker dude.
Hurly owns Locke's box company.
Jack's fiance killed Shannon's father in car accident.

These are way too random to not be important and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Add to the list.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs- I'm in on the club because people whine way too much about this show and continue to watch it, although I would probably bring down the overall intelligence of the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

People just like to bitch and nitpick about stuff for some reason even though they like the show. If they actually didn't like the show they would just stop watching it after a couple of weeks.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im with nolanfan here. I think the knife was what finally confirmed it for her. She said something about it being a US army knife, and he said something like how can you tell. Earlier in the episode he told her he was in the peace corps. You'd think someone in the peace corps would have known it was a US army issue knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back to the group and confront him there? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, every "other" has to be killed for the storyline - ow viewers would expect an interrogation thta gave a lot of answers.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flight stuff/people with post-crash stuff/people.

So here's what I remember:

Sawyer got drunk with Jack's dad.
Hurly won the lottery with the island broadcasted numbers.
Jack ran with the bunker dude.
Hurly owns Locke's box company.
Jack's fiance killed Shannon's father in car accident.

These are way too random to not be important and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Add to the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley and Locke's mother were in the same hospital
Hurley and Locke had the same boss at different places
The girl who picked the loto numbers was the same as the girl in the hotel room with sawyer
Old 11-17-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurley and Locke had the same boss at different places
The girl who picked the loto numbers was the same as the girl in the hotel room with sawyer

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall either of these coincidences. I do remember that in one of Jin's flashback episodes, Hurley is on the news in the background regarding the lottery win.

Are we sure their boss was the same person each time?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:47 PM

Somebody claimed that Hurley's boss at the chicken place was also Locke's box at the paper factory.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 PM

I also have a love/hate relationship with this show.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:51 PM

lotto/girl with sawyer

the bosses, both named randy