Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Semi bluff checkraise

I've been at the table about an hour. I've not shown down any big pots really...Villian got it all in preflop with AK against a maniac a few hands ago, and he really hasn't gotten out of line....

At the time I figured there really wasn't too much he could call with....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($1281.12)
CO ($2277.44)
Button ($394.25)
SB ($975)
BB ($1152)
Hero ($1440.09)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
Hero calls $10, MP calls $10, CO calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $50</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $50, MP folds.

Turn: ($150) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $600</font>
Old 09-12-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Semi bluff checkraise

he pots the flop, then the turn and you think this is a good spot to try a bluff? If he hasn't really been out of line I'll put him on trips.. fold the flop and as you played it I think there's value in calling the turn bet and c/r'ing the river if you hit the flush.

Bet into him if clubs hit the river...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 AM

After thinking about it looks like kqc, kjc, akc, k8, kqo kjo could all do that as well. tring to price out the flush in which case your huge overbet might fold out only kj kq. other wise there's a good chance he is coming with you. I think my call turn c/r river/ bet clubs still holds truth though.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 AM

My guess is villain has a hand like K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a set and he feels like his hand is best. Why do you even call this flop bet? I really doubt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds here or K8 or 88 or 44. Two full pot bets are usually strength from someone that hasn't gotten out of line...he KNOWS he is ahead.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:09 PM

I did not see a set as a very likely hand...Last to act and there isn't a small amount of money in the pot....I dunno though, I'm trying to learn. Anyhow, I figured a set was just about the only thing he could call with here, and maybe two pair as well....

When it's checked to the button twice and each time he bets the pot, you guys usually give him credit for a big hand??