Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 11:40 AM

Default 2 Stupid posting questions

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I've looked throught the FAQ and could not find an answer to these questions.

1) How do you include in a post, a link to another post?

2) I posted a hand history to one forum a few days ago and got no response. So I figured I'd repost in a different forum. I did this by cutting from the original post and pasting to a new post. When I did this I lost the formatting from the hand converter. Is there a good way to repost hand histories from an older post without running the hand back through the converter?

Thanks,

Bubbagump
Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: 2 Stupid posting questions

hope i am not wrong in these answers!!!

1) before you start the new post go to the old post and copy the address from your browsers bar, then create post and paste it.

2) when i use the hand converter i have to copy paste it into the post, so if i were to create another post it would still be on my clipboard so i would paste it again. if you got no reply to your hand, you could reply to it yourself, somehow asking for advice, and this bumps it to the top of the screen.

excercise.....reply to this message with the link directing us to your hand history, i will try and remember to come back here to see it and reply [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 02:35 PM

If you want retrieve a converted hand history for, go to the original post and hit "Quote". It will take you to the Reply-to-post screen, with the raw converted hand history text (with all the special tags) already in message body. Copy that to notepad/wherever, and then just cancel the post.

For example, I went to a post in the ML forum and saw:
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.70 BB

[/ QUOTE ].

When I hit "Quote", it took me to screen where I saw:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Quote:
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond:, 8:diamond:.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7:diamond:, 6:diamond:, J:diamond: <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J:heart: <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 3:diamond: <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.70 BB
</pre><hr />
Old 08-24-2004, 04:18 PM

The address in my browser is always http://www.twoplustwo.com/ regardless of the post I am reading.

As far the hand history I am trying to repost is from a few days ago. so it is no longer in my clip board.

Bubbagump
Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 PM

Thanks! Why didn't I think of that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bubbagump
Old 08-24-2004, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The address in my browser is always http://www.twoplustwo.com/ regardless of the post I am reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's likely because you got to the boards from the 2+2 main page, and you're viewing the forums in a frame. The problem will go away if you bookmark http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php (the direct link to the forums) and browse to your thread from there instead.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:31 PM

Thanks!

Bubbagump
Old 08-24-2004, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Topspin is right about the whole frame thing. Another way around it (assuming you're using IE) is to right-click on the post somewhere (inside the frame), and select Properties. Select the whole Address value from there (it will probably scroll down) and copy it.