Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 PM

Default You know your in for a rough night when.........

This happens on the first hand of your session.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

He tried to steal my blind w/J9o. And the rest of the session went much the same.

I don't know what I did to piss off the poker gods. But this hand has pretty much summed up my last week on 'Stars and Paradise. I hope they find somebody else to dump on soon, I can't take much more of this.

Bubbagump
Old 08-23-2004, 10:59 PM

Default Re: You know your in for a rough night when.........

Honestly, I sort of like the line he took on this hand. Its really hard to put him on quads after the flop raise and subsequent calling. It really looks like he has something like AK here.

Sorry to hear about your had luck.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 PM

When you lose to a quads on the river with trip aces on the flop, nothing like nice start at limit holde'm
Old 08-24-2004, 01:01 AM

I feel your pain. I lost once with KK against 46o when the third 4 hit the river.

And in another session in three consecutive hands I had AKs, QQ, QQ. None of which won. And with the PF raising took a significant chunk out of my stack.

Hang in there and just focus on your 'A' game. If you do that the money will come in eventually. Also look for leaks in your game. Posting hands here always helps. Lately I've revised my approach to flopped sets by playing them faster than I usually do.

Cheers,
SWE
Old 08-24-2004, 01:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your bad run. Don't feel like the poker gods are dumping only on you. I did something to annoy them about two weeks ago. 6k hands later they still seem pretty ticked off at me.

I'm about ready to dump my two youngest kids on the poker gods and see if that won't bring them back in line! I'll let them deal with my kids for a couple of days until the poker gods scream uncle and lift this curse! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just keep plugging away, it will eventually go away (or so others keep saying in other posts and I keep telling myself).
Old 08-24-2004, 02:26 AM

I feel your pain; the poker gods were not kind at all today. I was 4 tabling earlier and basically breaking even (sigh). The tables started breaking up, so I began dropping them one by one. I get to my last table and my last orbit....

I get AKs, woot! Raise Raise! Flop comes AKx...cheer! more raising. Oh...runner-runner flush. Bummer.

Next hand, AQs. Q high flop. CHEER! Raise raise! Oh...runner-runner straight. Bummer.

2 hands later, AA! WOOT! OMG RAISE RAISE! Oh, runner-runner flush again. Wow.

So I decide to quit for a couple of hours. Come back, post my CO BB, receive AQ. Woot, raise! Flop comes AQx. CHEER! Lots of raising. Oh you hit your set on the river. Fantastic.

GRRR.....

And just now, I finished a session where I flopped two pair 5 times and lost all of them. Today is a fantastic day, watch me do the happy dance while I just wasted a week's worth of earnings.