Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Floor call in LV

I was the floor on duty during a 10-handed, $2/5 NL Hold'em game when this happened. The players are on the turn, 3-way action. There is about $70 in the pot and the first guy bets out $50 to which the second guy mucks. The dealer believes there to be only two players in the pot and therefore picks up the muck, deck, and board and jams them together to prepare for the next hand and ready to push the pot Uh Oh, a 3rd player has cards still. Now normally, and as was my first suggestion, I asked if they just wanted to chop the pot? The original bettor says no because he has the best hand. All the table can agree on about the board is there was one Ace and two diamonds, they disagree on the other card ranks and suits. Think about what you would do here, then read on to the next complication....

.... so now the guy claiming the best hand turns up his cards (A-10 diamonds) saying "see, I have the best hand". The other player also turns up his cards A-10 off and says he'll call. What's your answer now and how does it differ from before the cards were exposed?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Floor call in LV

Before hands were shown, kick dealer in the nuts. Board should be mucked after the pot has been pushed.

After the hands were shown, kick the players in the nuts, and chop the pot.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 AM

Clearly a chop between the remaining players.

And the kick in the nuts to the dealer goes without saying.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All the table can agree on about the board is there was one Ace and two diamonds

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the guy claiming the best hand turns up his cards (A-10 diamonds) saying "see, I have the best hand". The other player also turns up his cards A-10 off and says he'll call.

[/ QUOTE ]

boy the second player really knows his stuff....

that being said, chop it up
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before hands were shown, kick dealer in the nuts. Board should be mucked after the pot has been pushed.

After the hands were shown, kick the players in the nuts, and chop the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellew. I am glad everyone's on the same page when it comes to kicking some serious nuts here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's kinda a "generic universal solution" that really has found its niche in the world of poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously tho, it's push the pot, move the button, drop the rake...

ALL that comes before MIX THE BOARD AND THE BURNS AND THE MUCK INTO A GIANT UNIDENTIFIABLE PILE OF CRAP THUS MAKING IT COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO RESOLVE ANY LEGITIMATE DISPUTES. Hell, you shouldn't even have the player's card who was the WINNER until you've pushed, moved, dropped....

Kick that dealer in the nuts TWICE.

al
Old 11-16-2005, 02:43 PM

All that being said, there could have been a "creative solution that pleases everyone" if they don't accept chopping as the proper course of action. Still tho, I'da probably just forced them to chop it up (since it was so far beyond hope by the time you got there).

al
Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Alright, I'll add yet the little bit more of a complication:

The A-10 diamonds refused to chop it because he has the best hand and a course of action was suggested that we shuffle the whole deck and burn and river a fresh card, if it is a diamond the diamonds wins, otherwise they chop. Now note I said $70 pot and the guy bet $50... after that was proposed the other guy CALLED? If you ask me he too deserves to be kicked in the nuts for risking $50 to lose his what? $15 investment into this tiny pot?

Note, I did kick the dealer in the nuts. Once at the table, once when he pushed off the game, and again when he went home. Oh, and he asked "Wow, I am so embarrassed, please don't tell anyone I did that" HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:48 PM

The A-10 diamonds refused to chop it because he has the best hand and a course of action was suggested that we shuffle "the whole deck and burn and river a fresh card, if it is a diamond the diamonds wins, otherwise they chop."

Why should he get two extra outs that he otherwise wouldn't have had?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I'll add yet the little bit more of a complication:

The A-10 diamonds refused to chop it because he has the best hand and a course of action was suggested that we shuffle the whole deck and burn and river a fresh card, if it is a diamond the diamonds wins, otherwise they chop. Now note I said $70 pot and the guy bet $50... after that was proposed the other guy CALLED? If you ask me he too deserves to be kicked in the nuts for risking $50 to lose his what? $15 investment into this tiny pot?

Note, I did kick the dealer in the nuts. Once at the table, once when he pushed off the game, and again when he went home. Oh, and he asked "Wow, I am so embarrassed, please don't tell anyone I did that" HAHAHAHAHA!

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean, "he refused to chop?"

You're the floor - tell him that's your decision and it's final. I think your solution is horrible. he other poster is correct - why should the AT of diamonds get two extra outs?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM

In Tanle's defense, if the one guy (with no diamonds) is so dumb that he thinks that is a GOOD solution and he's willing to do it, then we have a "make everyone happy solution." No matter how DUMB it might be, lol. However I would not have taken any flak from diamond-boy, I would have just started kicking some nuts and sorted them all out later. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al