Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 80/160 4 bet flop then check turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Did you happen to catch his name? Or perhaps a description?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe he was Middle Eastern, maybe late 20's clean cut and in good shape. Seemed to be one the better players I played with.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:53 PM

Bet the turn (call a raise), check the 4 on the river.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:25 PM

the problem with betting the turn (i am not saying not to do it) is what to do on the river. If he check calls the turn, do you bet the river if checked to again. If you won't, then you should check behind on the turn since he will almost always bet the river and you will win the same number of bets.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:16 PM

Just a thought:

If he 4-bets the flop but checks the turn, there is a good chance he has a marginal hand. If he was sure he had you beat he would bet here for value, hoping you would raise.

By checking yourself, you pretty much guaranteed you would get bet into on the River. So you paid 1 BB to get to showdown.

BUT, if you had bet the Turn (since he showed weakness by checking) there is a chance he would have mucked it (he may not want to pay 2 BBs to get to showdown if he thinks you are going to bet the River as well.) If he calls, he’ll check the River and you can see the showdown at the same price (1 BB). By betting the Turn, you get to showdown for the same price but get the added chance of winning outright if he folds.

SP
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 AM

He might check-raise an overpair or two big cards like AQ but when he 4-bets he must have an overpair or an eight? The fact he doesnt bet the Ten is strange ... perhaps he loves it (TT) or hates it (99)?

I like your turn check as I think you're probably behind but of course worth a call on river.