Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Getting tired of being white (7/11 trip report)

i try to be a relaxed individual. sometimes it doesn't work (if you remember a snapping thread i made awhile back), but yeah in person i am usually fairly laid back and it works well for me.

marinating is a word i have used for a long time that has caught on with everyone around me. (i know a lot of you have used this word and i am not saying i invented it or anything before you start arguing)
Old 10-16-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I'm aware of what the ACLU does and does not do. This thread just got too god damn funny and I can no longer respond seriously to anything.

-The Amazing Racist

[/ QUOTE ]

"Funny!" Hell, it got freakin' rioutous!

I think it's all gone to show how super-sensitive people have become. All races. PC run amok.

JOTR, thnx for anuther good'un. I'm haulin' my boney ass ta bed.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EHHHH wrong. See thast the point, you are obv not comfortable around people from other racists, so you feel you have to change because of your preconceived notions. People know when you are pandering to them, and when you are just being yourself. if you truly dont stereotype people (which you obv do) you would be able to talk however you want to whomever you want and no one would say a thing...at least that is my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh... but didn't this whole thread start because of an incident where a white dude claims he was not being patronizing, yet the black dude thought otherwise?

Are you suggesting that the OP is not comfortable interacting with and being around people of other races?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide whether you're putting on some brilliant gag, or are in fact one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

History tempts me to go with the latter. But the former would be really impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anacardo,

Certainly the following statement is NOT a gag:
<font color="red">
"There is a profound difference between how you can act with your close friends and what you can say in front of them compared to how you can behave against complete strangers. i'd wager since they were your close friends, you could say absolutely anything to them. consequently, your arguement in this case is completely invalid."
</font>

This is very true. everybody can and does act differenly with friends. but in dealing with strangers, one simply must be on better behavoir and act more considerately

note - - one of my other replies was blatantly racist regardless of the POV you take, and that was meant to 'see what happens'.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EHHHH wrong. See thast the point, you are obv not comfortable around people from other racists, so you feel you have to change because of your preconceived notions. People know when you are pandering to them, and when you are just being yourself. if you truly dont stereotype people (which you obv do) you would be able to talk however you want to whomever you want and no one would say a thing...at least that is my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh... but didn't this whole thread start because of an incident where a white dude claims he was not being patronizing, yet the black dude thought otherwise?

Are you suggesting that the OP is not comfortable interacting with and being around people of other races?

[/ QUOTE ]

i said i was done with this thread, but just for clarity sake, since there is no opinion involved..just housekeeping...no, I was not talkign about the OP, that was either directed at blarg or the ben. Its flatmodes fault not mine....
Old 10-16-2005, 02:16 AM

I would say calling people "porch monkeys" = pretty [censored] racist. Again, I'm allowing for the possibility that that was a brilliantly executed gag, but I have trouble giving you that kind of credit.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
www.rsdb.org

thank me later

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i said i was done with this thread, but just for clarity sake, since there is no opinion involved..just housekeeping...no, I was not talkign about the OP, that was either directed at blarg or the ben. Its flatmodes fault not mine....

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you WEREN'T talking about the OP. However, IF you theory on social interaction is correct, that would seem to me to be the logical conclusion.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
www.rsdb.org

thank me later

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

this one was funny on many different levels...

Democrats ---- Blacks ----- A popular political affiliation among African Americans. Also in reference to always wanting stuff for free.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:26 AM

and they said oot was dying.....