Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Is this a losing streak or do I all of a sudden suck?

It's tough because it is natural to wonder if you do really suck and you've just been lucky to this point. But I've come out of a 150 BB downswing recently so I can tell you if you're a winning player (and my guess is you are) it will end. You've got to stay positive. The most important thing I tried to do was to continue to bet/raise when appropriate and not become weak-tight. More than once I found myself not being aggressive enough; that angered me much more than the losing streak.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:07 PM

I've been going through the same thing, and started this thread in the general section, check it out. Sorry I don't know how to add the link...and I'm too lazy to check it out [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 PM

Can't really argue with you on that one, you gotta do what works for you, right! But you can't really argue with all the replies either..you could be making more money.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you could be making more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you as well, SOMEONE ELSE could be making more money with some of the hands I'm im folding. I've tried to 'maximize' and learn how to deviate from style but it always ends disasterous. There is one thing that I was firm on for a LONG time but have changed for the better due to pursuasion here. I used to just call AQo preflop but now I always raise (almost). This has done wonders for me, but I still can't seem to get in the black with AJo no matter what I do so I just gave up (almost).

outs
Old 02-22-2005, 03:38 PM

At the risk of turning this into another conspiracy thread – if things on Party don’t change pretty quickly February will be my second losing month at online poker. My only (other) losing month so far was back in (I think) 2000 on Paradise, during the same six week time period when Ed Hill had his run from hell.

The good news is I’m only losing $13 so far this month. My VP$IP is down about 1.5 so maybe I’ve just been card dead. I average about 30 hours / week, playing mostly two games, sometimes three. I haven’t had any real streaks this month, just win a little lose a little day after day ... can’t get any traction.

My overall Won $ at SD is 51.66, so yours looks normal to me.

By the way, November and December were nearly double my average win. January was about 30% below average. Poker does not provide a steady income stream.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:00 PM

You are really looking too much at your current stats. FWIW, I have a 30,000 hand streak going where I am almost even, but 250,000 on poker tracker where I am over 2BB/100. It means streaks happen.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]