Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth\'s revolutionary articles

Does any educated person believe anyone is buying his books, dvds and calendars, let alone that they are "flying off the shelves?" Does he ever get knocked out of a tournament because that is the variance of tournaments, or is it always a bad beat, being card dead, or some other thing that makes him unlucky.

It bothers me that the uneducated people think that he is great because of his constant shilling, his inappropriate antics and behavior and his continuous self promotion. Anyone who has played with him is more than happy to have him back in the game, which says one thing. He doesn't win. I applaud him for accepting 50 grand for a night of entertaining people, but please, please, come play in my game, I could use the money.

Jason
Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth\'s revolutionary articles

Phil didn't give all the details of the hand, but I don't see how he was justified in calling the blind of 300 seemingly out of position or even that fairly significant preflop raise with a stack of 6.2k and such a mediocre holding. He said he would get paid if he hit, but I don't think that is justification, based on his shortish stack size.