Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Atheists and Agnostics--Would you Change if you could??

Ive Never believed in God.. But I will freely admit that if given the choice between being right and wrong on the matter, I certainly would choose to be wrong on this one. ( Which i guess i obvious for us all)

My question is this...... Is knowlege really power in this instance? I am about as analytical as they come and despite a disease that is slowly deteriorating my mind, still hold an IQ over 150..

Ive ALWAYS viewed this as something to really be proud of, but I would have to say that Knowlege is debilitating in life in regards to faith..

Is there anyone that can honestly say, that given the choice, they would CHOOSE not to believe in god? I see No benefit whatsoever in daily life, in dealing with death, In dealing with loss, pretty much in dealing with anything.

Religion may be a fairy tale to a lot of us here, but I will tell you what, the world was a whole lot more pleasant when I still believed in fairy tales and miracles.

I will freely admit that if someone could brainwash me, or trick me somehow into believing, I would prefer that over thinking that everyone I love, and myself, will eventually be nothing, have meant nothing and are just rotten flesh.

Even if you are like George Washington or someone nobody really cares in a few hundred years.

Is it really WORTH a lifetime of fear and knowing impending, eternal doom is coming just to be "in the know".

Just curious what you all think, if someone could flip the switch for me, I would take ignorance and stupidity ( only on this subject) over my ego and desire to know the correct answer. ( if one even truly exists).