Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Road Rage.

Just yesterday when I was at a gas station, I saw an incident that really caught me off guard. There was a young man pumping gas, who seemed not to understand how to work the "hi-tech" nozzle, and an older gentleman waiting in his car behind him since the station was fairly packed. After waiting for some time the older man went to another pump, went inside the gas station, and came back out. From my vantage point I could see the young man start pulling off, and not paying too much attention to his surroundings, unfortunatly, the old man happened to be walking right in front of the young mans car when he started to accelerate. The young man hit the breaks and a shouting match ensued. the old man said "[censored] idiot takes all day at the pump now wants to run me down". The young man says "Your a really good person, I'm sure your parents are proud, YOU PIECE OF [censored]."

True story that happened just the other day, those guys were a couple of champions.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Road Rage.

That's a polite discussion by L.A. standards - the capital of road rage.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:07 PM

Yea dude... no guns or weapons or anything. For L.A. standards that's as polite as it gets.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM

Yeah, and . . .?

SOP for L.A., as the others have indicated.

I'm second in line to make a left turn. The car in front of me doesn't move out into the intersection. I give her a tap on the horn. She doesn't move. I give another tap. She puts her car into park, gets out, and walks back to my car. This is 5:00, there are about a gazillion cars behind me waiting to make the left. I open my window. She asks me what I would like her to do. I swallow my first answer and say please move out to make the left. She says she has a baby in the car, she's not taking any chances and angrily strides back to the car. Of course we've now all missed the signal.

She wasn't taking any chances making a left turn properly, but she didn't feel any risk in leaving her baby in the car unattended to give me an earful.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:30 PM

About 6 months ago im driving to work down I635 in dallas tx heading to work. My exit ramp has construction going on so the usual 2 lanes is down to 1 so we are backed up for about 1/4 mile on the highway exiting. Several cars pass the line and force thier way in right at the ramp where the 2nd land ends. The BMW in front of me decides not to let a guy in an H2 cut in front of him. The guy in the H2 drives onto the shoulder instead of stopping, gets out, and then runs up and punched the BMWs driver side widow hard! Im thinking you lucky bastard! Since it has been determined in court that if someone attacks you on the highway you can legally shoot them and conceiled hand guns are legal in Texas with a permit.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:33 PM

Andy,

Or, perhaps she did remove the baby from the car.

One time a similar incident happened to me. I'm waiting to make a left across fairly heavy traffic, and the guy behind me keeps blowing his horn and gesticulating madly. For some reason, instead of my usual response, I got out of the car to see what the problem was. I assumed he could see that I just couldn't move. He was trying to inform me that my extra set of keys were in the trunk lock.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:48 PM

Pet Peeve - re Left-Hand turns at a traffic light:

I can't stand it when I am second in line and the car in front will not pull into the intersection while waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear. Instead, the car waits behind the line and turns on the yellow. As the second car in line, I cannot turn on the yellow as I am not in the intersection on time.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pet Peeve - re Left-Hand turns at a traffic light:

I can't stand it when I am second in line and the car in front will not pull into the intersection while waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear. Instead, the car waits behind the line and turns on the yellow. As the second car in line, I cannot turn on the yellow as I am not in the intersection on time.

[/ QUOTE ]

im 100% with you on that one. my biggy is when im driving in the middle lane and some jerkoff wants to drive up and flash his lights so ill move even though he can go around me to the left or right. i usually drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit so its not like im doin 45.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Road Rage. gesticulating madly..??

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] does that mean/include giving the finger??

gl [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 05:31 PM

If he can go around you to the left, he shouldn't flash lights. But he should never have to go to your right. I hope the depths of hell are reserved for those who drive along in the left lane and don't understand they need to get over. I hate having to either pass on the right or flash lights, etc.... It is my absolute human right on an interstate to set the cruise control and not have to tap my brake or steer too much. I have cigars to smoke, 100 channels of satellite radio, CDs and a cell phone to deal with. I shouldn't have to worry about an evil person in the left lane going 75.2 MPH. Get outta my way I say. And people who pass trucks slowly, just staying next to them for like a mile drive me nuts. I believe state cops should only write tickets for improper use of the passing lane and driving too slowly for conditions. A few beat downs and pepper sprayings of violators by the cops might be good too. If a coot with a 5th wheel hasn't learned that the left lane is the passing lane in his first 70 years of driving, how else can he be taught. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]