Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 11:34 AM

Default internet poker; the reason your accounts are frozen

hi everyone
good posts on having the inability to cash-out at these internet poker sites. the crush of internet poker customers that internet poker fraud sent charging to the bank demanding the visa and mastercard protection against fraud clause be used to recover the initial buy-in monies deposited into these internet accounts, is the fault of these fraudulent sites, not poker players who play poorly.

we all live day in and day out with the feeble efforts of colluders and minor card mechanics going on in live play, and we ourselves have cut that type cheating down to the bone by policing our own games. the poker community has a strong, good reputation for making it tough on cheaters and keeping the game honest. we are also very capable of distinguishing between the type of nuisansome game cheating and what is going on at these internet poker sites. clearly the internet poker sites are defrauding the public through criminal use of electronics and computer generated images. there are reels, and reels of photograhic evidence and many witness testimonials and so forth, so it was just a matter of time before these sites were technically shut-down.

when the banks no longer allow transactions between their customers and these sites, that tells you that there is a network of people positioned in high places out there who love to spend time and energy putting criminals out of business, in spite of minor obstacles poised by them.

when the internet poker sites are forced to admit that you as a customer must jump through a myriad of hoops to cash-out and buy-in, they are necessarily arousing the gut instinct of an all too gut instict savy audience.

poker players are not easy targets. they can smell a rat a mile away. what these internet poker sites are being forced to do is hold the rat right up to your nose.

instead of focusing on the stuff that requires that you play back the video tape to prove your point, or focusing on the technology, instead try to focus on the rat. ask, 'why is it so difficult to deposit money into and take money out of these internet poker sites.?; also ask, 'why, in order to cash-out of these sites, does it require that i pull as the internet poker site pushes?. also ask, 'if it requires both us acting in tandem together to cash-out, if i am inspired to pull hard enough, will the internet poker site be inspired to push hard enough? or might inertia set in?'.

also, use your own good gut instinct of human nature as you try to find the answer to these questions, and of course think long and hard before you act. money is very tight around these sites. you could be in a pull-pull situation.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: internet poker; the reason your accounts are frozen

I think you underestimate the motivating power of a strong brand. A good live-action cheat can fleece you all day and you'd never know until the statistical signature showed up in your results. I don't care how sharp you are. The fact is that even illegal stores (I'm speaking of house-banked games here) don't really cheat that much, if at all, if they're well established. They can make more money the "honest" way. Remember the Amarillo Slim cliche about shearing sheep.

P.S. No need to respond to me in the Mid-,High- forum. I understand your argument a little better now.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:09 PM

Can you dumb this point down a bit I got half way through your post and fell asleep.

So basically you're saying there's a good reason why cash outs aren't really simple and easy...something crooked is going on. If you're saying don't put hugs sums of cash in these sites I fully agree but I think you might be a little paranoid.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:11 PM

Between this and your post about internet poker in the other forum, I think there is a common motivation.

You put money in and you got your ass kicked.

Now you're mentally flailing around to justify and rationalize, while fully evading the truth of your situation.

I have never had trouble putting money in an online poker site.

I have never had trouble getting money OUT of an online poker site. In fact, I've found it suprisingly easy and fast.

And I think they missed you in the last meeting of your local Conspiracy Theorists group.

-Scott
Old 02-06-2004, 02:42 PM

Default I concur!

Agree with your post! At the big poker sites that I play
on (all of the big four except for PokerStars), it doesn't
seem that difficult at all to deposit and withdraw money
from the accounts, especially with a NeTeller account. If
somebody's account is frozen by one of the big four, it most
likely will be for a good reason: online poker sites can't
afford their reputation to be tarnished.