Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 02:45 AM

Default 87s from the CO

this comes from a good 10-20 with decent players and a couple aggressives. this is a new game for me. i've only played with a couple of these opponents before.

there are a couple of limpers to me in the CO, i call not sure about the BB....at all. the BB is pretty solid pre-flop, and likes to raise with big suiteds, but post flop folds if he misses the flop. the button is loose aggressive and comes in with any two, but isn't raising here. it's the dang BB, but at worst everyone will call his raise. well, he raises. all call for a six-way.

the flop comes A56 two toned, none of my suit. i see that the button is going to bet-out, so i check, he bets, the SB and BB call, folded to me and i close the action.

the third heart hits, and it's checked to the button who bets. only i call. i can't remember which heart it was, but i have the only straight draw.

the 9d hits on the river and i check-bluff to the aggressive/ loose button who i know will bet. he bets.

this is how my night went all night long. the aggressive button, who hasn't shown-down two suited cards all night, calls my check-raise with QJh.

i got rivered four times by hands like the mighty 64s. dang. i call a great multi-way with A9s and flop A with two of my suit, only to get beaten by T7 two pair on the river.

i know better than to complain. but the thing is i'm entering into this game hamstrung anyway because i've never taken control of this table before, so i'm at the mercy of the crowd. and until i get a handle on it, i can't protect my hand. it was so card dependant tonight, and whew.....i failed. i folded hands that had i been able to make the slightly sub-optimal call, i could have developed the big mo. and i folded. there was no previous win to build on. poooo.

on my final hand, i have the nut straight and the pot contains my entire lost rack. on the turn. only need to get by the river, when all poooo breaks out. it'll be a week before i can shake off the sharks people. mr. elysium writes a good game, but he can't play one.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:07 AM

Default Re: 87s from the CO

this may sound silly, but,

are you playing in florida?
Old 12-15-2003, 12:47 PM

I'd c/r the flop. Turn sucks. Hate drawing to straights when the flush draw got there. Check-fold is weak in this big pot though. I'd check and hope it checks through although if you're feeling frisky your C/R the entire field play looks like a draw, so you could bet here and pray and easily muck to a raise. C/R on the river is excessive, but I'd bet and call a raise since he didn't 3-bet you, it cost the same.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:50 PM

mr. elysium writes a good game, but he can't play one.

Who claims he writes a good game?