Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Speed Poker (2 concurrent Party Hands)

Playing two $3-$6 games at party. The following Situation came up, thought it was cool.

Table 1:

Blinds are posted plus a dead small/big blind. I have [Ad, Ac]

1 Call, 1 fold, 1 call, 1 raise, I re-raise, call, call re-raise, called around, 6 handed capped.

Table 2:
I have Black Queens UTG+1. Call, I raise, and we see the flop four handed four 2 bets each.

Back to Table 1:
Flop is Qh 9h 5s

Checked the person before me who bets, I raise, 4 cold-callers, than a re-raise, I cap and they all come along. Not feeling good now. I smell a set or two pair.

Back to Table 2:
4d 5d 6d [No S***, this is how the flop came up and all].

Check, Check, I bet, and everyone calls.

And Back to Table 1:
Four of Spades slips off the deck. Wow, the double flush is now up there, and I’ve just lost any hope of protecting my now fragile Aces. It’s checked the pre-flop three-bettor who leads out I just call and head over to the other table.

Table 2:
The 7c hits the turn. Checked and bet to me, I fold, and head back over to Table 1.

Table 1:
Wow, only 1 bet the whole way around.

The 8 of Hearts comes off completing JT or any heart draw…It’s checked to me and I check behind….

Results:

Table 1. Someone had the idiot end, but get this. The small blind had pocket aces and didn’t raise preflop or the flop.

Table 2: Wow, they hold up sometimes. Should’ve bet the river? I don’t think so.

That was stressful. I need a beer. I’m gonna go "howl at the moon"(local bar) for a bit.