Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 AM

Default A7s vs the Donk Check

This guy was pretty shittty, I think his stats were like 76/8/.6 or something. This felt like an easy fold. What is up fool?

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Nimbus is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Nimbus calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Nimbus checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Nimbus folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: A7s vs the donk check

No need to call, pretty small pot, his range with just 8% pfr and he is re-raising you is probably. JJ---&gt;AA and then AQ/AK.

12 combos you beat, 13 combos you lose to. He also has low aggression so I don't think he bets the 12 combinations that you beat that often.

Easy fold! True
Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't call here, I can't think of a hand he would play this way that you beat unless you were really paying attentino to his play out of the blinds its an easy fold.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:28 AM

This is a very tough hand, contrary to what people are saying. I'd love to hear more opinions.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very tough hand, contrary to what people are saying. I'd love to hear more opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is very tough. There is basically no reason villian would suddenly bet JJ or KK now, when he wouldn't on the flop. Also, given his pfr, there are no A hands he is 3-betting here worse than hero's. At best, I think you're calling down hoping for a split with AT or AJ.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:01 AM

Villian did show, and I'm very tempted to tell, but will not in case other opinions are out there.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is very tough. There is basically no reason villian would suddenly bet JJ or KK now, when he wouldn't on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, not everything these donks do is out of logic. These people are baboons with bankrolls.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is very tough. There is basically no reason villian would suddenly bet JJ or KK now, when he wouldn't on the flop. Also, given his pfr, there are no A hands he is 3-betting here worse than hero's. At best, I think you're calling down hoping for a split with AT or AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't split with AT/AJ that often?

True
Old 12-24-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: A7s vs the Donk Check

I tried thinking about what hands this player might have but I think its pointless. You say he's bad. So sometimes he's going to be hard to read and do confusing things.

So:
Don't think, just call.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: A7s vs the Donk Check

In my experience, the donk check usually means a monster... i.e. he flopped trips or quads. Sooo AJ wasn't really a concern.