Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Rolled 8s, RIVER??

How do you guys play the river here. Either just calling is my edge at these tables or I am tight weak.. Which one is it???

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises

6th Street - (6.55 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

River - (10.55 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (12.55 BB)
Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Rolled 8s, RIVER??

With your disguised hand he could easily have 2 pair in this spot i think. I'd get the bet in.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:00 AM

Fire away. You played your hand to put yourself in this spot.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With your disguised hand he could easily have 2 pair in this spot i think. I'd get the bet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the fact that frappe popped him on two previous streets?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:43 PM

You've told this guy that you have a set, and he's told you that he doesn't care. Unless he's a loose cannon, I think you can only call on the river.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:48 PM

this is like the reverse trifecta in hold'em. when you checkraise 5th and pop 6th you pretty much announced your hand and he doesn't seem to care (or understand) on 7th. for the most part i give the opponent a little more credit than being a total retard, so i just call here.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 PM

Hi Frappe,

I think that against just about any type of player I call here. Villain does not seem particularly distressed by your raises and I have trouble putting him on a hand.
Upon seeing his bet on the river, I'g get the sinking feeling and guess he made 555QQ and had xQQ as starters. Or maybe he made a flush but I would not have put him on this after the 6th st bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 PM

He says he can beat K's up,which means he can beat 888,too.Call & hope that he's a stone cold idiot.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:48 AM

I'd pop 7th most of the time here. Esp catching his Q as protection. You gotta figure your trips are good here. JMO
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 AM

Just calling is best. You told him you had his queens-up beat on 6th st and he's still firing. Not weak-tight in my book.

Michael