Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Dan Harrington\'s Volume II: The Endgame, hand 8-3, pgs. 67-69

I won't state the question because I'm not sure how well giving away 3 pages of the book will be received here, but am I the only one who disagrees that the ace is bad for you. When I'm in LP and everyone has checked to me, I hope theres an ace on the board because that is the ultimate scare card and makes it easier to bluff imho. Quite often I will limp with a pocket pair, and the flop will come something like A-x-x, and I'll win the pot once I bet(surely sometimes I have the best hands, but I'm also sure that many times I don't).
Old 12-10-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Dan Harrington\'s Volume II: The Endgame, hand 8-3, pgs. 67-69

here is the problem with your philosophy. it is very rare to find a solid player that limps when he has an ace pf. most good players know this, and will exploit it.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here is the problem with your philosophy. it is very rare to find a solid player that limps when he has an ace pf. most good players know this, and will exploit it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe most good players will exploit it, but in my experience it works quite well at any level STT online all the way up to the very highest stakes games.

And I will indeed limp with a hand like AJs nearly every time I get it in MP/LP or AQ if there has been a limper or two and I don't want to create a big pot, so those "exploiting my strategy" might find some trouble there.

So as long as I am indeed limping with those aces, then would you agree with my strategy?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So as long as I am indeed limping with those aces, then would you agree with my strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I don't like limping behind. Position is a powerful thing.

edit: i meant to say open limping in my op