Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about this.

As many of you know, PartyPoker offers total crap prizes as redemption for collected Player's Club points. Whereas Stars offers a number of good poker books, all you can get from Party is some apparel with the PartyPoker logo right on it.

They do offer freerolls, but they are so low limit(like a $50 prize for a 1000 entry tourney) that its not even worth it for any medium stakes or higher player.

Anyway, I figure that if we all speak up, Party will be more likely to listen. So I'm trying to get as many people as I can to email Party within the next few days about this issue. Send an email to as many different sources as you can(For example: if you're a VIP member, then email VIP in addition to the regular info@partypoker.com. And also send an email to any of the "higher-ups" in the company if you happen to know their email from a past issue).

Also, try to get your friends to do the same and post this message on any other message boards you may know of where poker is popular.

Lets see if we can get something done that will benefit all who play on Party. Thanks.

Post here if you've emailed them.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about th

Pretty good idea. If you look at the other top poker rooms like ultimate bet and pokerstars you'll notice their points redemption options are much, much better than Party. I think (hope) Party will get their act together in this regard and start offering better prizes and maybe even money coupons like Empire offers.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about this.

While we're at it (no sarcasm intended). Why not get everyone to sit at (and not play) on a few 6-max tables, to reduce the players to 5 per table, to reduce the rake (party recently upped their rake on 6-max tables).

I'd be totally up for doing this.

--Dave.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about this.

I emailed them, told them I'd rather just have freaking money. I don't care if its $.03 per point. I already ordered a beanie. That's the best option they have. And its not even close.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about th

they have a $100,000 freroll each week for 20,000 points, its worth about $50 IIRC
Old 12-02-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have a $100,000 freroll each week for 20,000 points, its worth about $50 IIRC

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is one worthwhile thing I guess. I'd still imagine that there are tons of higher level players who would still consider that pretty much a waste of time though. And thats like what, every month? I have something ridiculous like 400,000 points...what am I going to spend the rest on?

If they offered books, I could just buy the ones I need and sell the rest.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:38 PM

FYI, heres the email I sent. And no, I don't really believe my last paragraph, but I find that its better to be nice....

Hi,

I just wanted to make a suggestion: You should offer more options for redeeming player's club points. I can think of two things that I would really like:

1. An option to purchase popular poker books with our points. PokerStars does this and is very successful.

2. Higher buy in freerolls. The 20000 $100K freeroll is good for lower level players, but for those who generally play $200 buy ins and larger, its really not worth our time.

Thanks for your time. I enjoy playing with you due to your excellent customer support, and I hope and expect that to continue. Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, heres the email I sent. And no, I don't really believe my last paragraph, but I find that its better to be nice....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just FYI... Party support reads these forums! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 PM

Good post.. bump
Old 12-03-2005, 12:51 PM

Dear fyodor,

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalized email and telephone support, special free rolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lucy
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer