Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-24-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Anybody like this push lvl3?

I figured picking up this pot would help me get throughlvl4 with some FE. Anbody else do this in this spot.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t755)
Button (t790)
Hero (t650)
BB (t1005)
UTG (t2005)
MP (t2795)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, MP calls t50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>,HERO Goes all in MP calls t600.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Anybody like this push lvl3?

I like this if the limpers have been somewhat loose, lets say 35%+ volintary put in pot. Also what buyin is this?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:58 AM

Its a 10/1 so i gues its not saying much. Now that i think about it, i like the push but i feel like im guaranteed a 50/50 a good portion of th etime to hands like kj, which im not sure if i really want. I think a limp mightbe better since ill be caught in the blinds again.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a 10/1 so i gues its not saying much. Now that i think about it, i like the push but i feel like im guaranteed a 50/50 a good portion of th etime to hands like kj, which im not sure if i really want. I think a limp mightbe better since ill be caught in the blinds again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a bad limp IMO if the limpers had been loose. You could really use these chips, and taking the better part of a 50/50 is not that bad. Now on the other hand if one or more of the limpers had been playing pretty solid than I would lean twards limping.

Did you have hany reads on the limpers?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:05 AM

no reads, just seen them call down with mediocre hands, call off alot of chips with aj.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no reads, just seen them call down with mediocre hands, call off alot of chips with aj.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables are you playing?

If you are not getting a general sence of how tight or loose the table is, I would advice getting Poker Ace Hud. I will give you the stats for the players at your table, which I find very helpful in these situations.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:15 AM

It's not really awful or something, but I don't like it that much, because good players will only fold hands that you have smashed (they may, I suppose, fold 99 and maybe TT as well.. but most good players would raise TT in either position at this level); whereas donks will call with their QTo, KJo, A9s and whatever other crap they have here. I don't think with 88 they call with A2-A8 enough to make the push a good one.

I prefer to just complete, I think.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:43 PM

I like it. If you had a couple of hundred, maybe even just one hundred more chips I would just call. Infact calling I think is fine too but I do like the push.