Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Big pot with TT on QQ board.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($210.85)
UTG ($61.55)
Hero ($219.11)
Button ($90.55)
SB ($297.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

River: ($256) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero pushes...

Villain is 22/22 over 40 or so hands. He once minraised preflop on the button and I raised him back and he folded. Seems decent but agressive.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Big pot with TT on QQ board.

I am guessing you played it this way because of your read, at least I hope so (and I'm not missing something). My default here is is like half pot on the flop, fold to a raise.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing you played it this way because of your read, at least I hope so (and I'm not missing something). My default here is is like half pot on the flop, fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your default is bad in this particular game.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 AM

Wow, really? Do you mean the players at these stakes are hyper-aggressive or something, ie. he's bluffing on the flop and turn?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 AM

I tend to re-raise on the turn in order to try to get a lone-ace (definately looks like a strong ace that thinks you missed the flop as well) to pay for his turn-bet and to avoid sticky situations if the river is an A or a K.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 AM

I see him playing like this with any PP, maybe some broadways... and any queen, atleast up until river, unless he's getting tricky. He's obviously not folding any queen but pretty much anything else I'd think he does. I like
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 AM

I think this line is pretty much perfect.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see him playing like this with any PP, maybe some broadways... and any queen, atleast up until river, unless he's getting tricky. He's obviously not folding any queen but pretty much anything else I'd think he does. I like

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what am I missing here? I could never play the hand this way. Are you thinking these are his holdings because of his stats after only 40 hands?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what am I missing here? I could never play the hand this way. Are you thinking these are his holdings because of his stats after only 40 hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just stats. I've seen him play agressively. He knows I have a wide range here on my PF and flop bets.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because of
"Villain is 22/22 over 40 or so hands. He once minraised preflop on the button and I raised him back and he folded. Seems decent but agressive."

1) he seems to be aggressive preflop 2) the rest he said(especially the part about being aggressive) 3) I assumed xorbie had an aggressive image aswell so he might very well be playing back 4) it's party