Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 PM

Default live 2-5-10 hand

6-handed live 2-5-10 game. game is normally 2-5, but we all agreed to straddle each hand.

table has begun playing kind of passive, with many, many pots being limped in by the whole table. if someone opens small everyone is calling.

no prior experience with any of the players, so no former image. but my image so far is likely very tight, and likely very passive-weak. this is mostly due to a combination of how the game was playing, and the fact i was pretty card dead and situation dead.

haven't been picked off, nor gotten out of line and had it be obvious. image alone was letting me chip up. i.e. someone opens to 3xBB, someone puts in a raise from button, i 3-bet big from the blinds with 3-6s and everyone folds, button showing JJ. they all think i squeak.

anyway, on to hand.

villain is who i consider to be the only very-solid and great player in game. apparently crushes is regularly from what i have heard. he covers.

dealt: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain straddles to 10. i am BB. button or sb limps (doesnt matter), and i call.

villain says raise from straddle, i ask him to be humble, and he somewhat complies and makes it 50 straight. folds to me and i call 40 more.

(pot: 110)
flop A-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i check. he checks back in tempo.

turn: 10- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i lead for 80. he min-raises me to 160. i ask him if he just raised me the minimum amount allowed by law, he says yep. i call.

(pot 430)
river 2- [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i have ~600 left. i..?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: live 2-5-10 hand

allin

edit - i think because you're oop, opponent is good, and stacks are shallow, pf is thin/marginally bad. And, if you're banking on folding equity, if you're squeeky tight, you may consider pushing the turn. As he could be raising for showdown with a weak ace or so which he drops. Of course you run the chance of a AK or AA or KK or TT etc. that got fancy that calls instantly. your image would change fast!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:42 PM

I c/r allin river. I hink he is on a bluff often enough tomake this more profitable than pushing... Also i think theres nothing he calls a push w/ that he doesnt at least bet the river w/ (assuming he is good and valuebets well).
Old 11-20-2005, 10:04 PM

you are not concerned villain is going to check behind AQ/AJ here using the turn min-raise for the free showdown?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are not concerned villain is going to check behind AQ/AJ here using the turn min-raise for the free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think if he were deeper maybe a c/r is better, but a push isn't that much larger then pot... and a hand like a weak ace (I think AQ played in that fashion value bets, no?) may call but not bet.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:33 PM

My favourite line here = push.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:51 PM

bet $300 - $400, i think a check raise is the wrong decision.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favourite line here = push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think if he were deeper maybe a c/r is better, but a push isn't that much larger then pot... and a hand like a weak ace (I think AQ played in that fashion value bets, no?) may call but not bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2005, 12:14 AM

if he can call a push, he can bet.
checkraise AI.