Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Default getting double c/red sux......

I got QQ in MP, a somewhat aggro guy who I have NOT seen get out of line raises. His stats are 16/10 over limited hands but he seems reasonable enough. I 3 bet and he calls.

Flop 9d 2c 2s

He checks I bet, he raises, I 3 bet he calls

Turn 3d

He checks, I bet, he raises, I think for a while and fold

I fold b/c I can't put him on a hand I beat. I've represented an overpair the whole way and he's still not afraid. I can see him possibly playing AA or KK like this if he just calls my 3 bet pf by deception. I can also see him playing 99 like this as well. I doubt he plays JJ or TT like this and definatly wouldn't play and underpair that way unless its 22 or 33 which I doubt. The only hand I can see him taking this line with that I'm ahead of is AKd. He'd also prolly be less likely to c/r AKd than just smoothcall right?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: getting double c/red sux......

dude call down. heres why:
1) MP, a somewhat aggro guy who I have seen get out of line
2)he raised but just called your 3 bet pf, most likely doesnt have AA, KK, or a 2.
3)Why do you doubt he would play JJ and TT like this? he puts you on AK and thinks he is in the clear.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:04 PM

Wow, I think I'm calling him down. I think this is exactly how a bunch of morons play 1010 and JJ.

Sure you will see AA KK or 99 a decent amount of time, but you are seeing QQ, JJ, 1010 and maybe even 88 enough for it to be profitable.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)he raised but just called your 3 bet pf, most likely doesnt have AA, KK, or a 2.
3)Why do you doubt he would play JJ and TT like this? he puts you on AK and thinks he is in the clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonsense. A lot of players, when heads up, will use PF deception with AA/KK in order to get players like you giving them a ton of action post-flop. Also, why would he put Hero on AK after 3-betting the flop and betting this turn?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonsense. A lot of players, when heads up, will use PF deception with AA/KK in order to get players like you giving them a ton of action post-flop. Also, why would he put Hero on AK after 3-betting the flop and betting this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt put hero on AK. the donkeys at low limits always put you on it. so are you saying fold because he might be using pf deception? come on. so whats your line bug guy. and dont say nonsense its rude.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:15 PM

Fixed my original post.

Why woudl he put me on AK after I 3 bet the flop and bet the turn? I didn't htink he'd play JJ or TT like this b/c its too likely I have him beat given my pf and flop actions
Old 11-20-2005, 07:17 PM

I think we can rule out QQ as theres only 1 possibilty. Would JJ or TT realy c/r me 2x in a row? Thats a very aggressive move and this guy isn't a maniac and its only 3/6
Old 11-20-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so whats your line bug guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call the flop c/r and raise the turn. I fold if he 3-bets the turn.

And don't call me a bug. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2005, 07:50 PM

I use that line prolly 50% of the time for variation and mix up. The other reason I like to 3 bet is that I will do that occasionally w/2 overcards against the right opponent b/c I'll usually have 6 clean outs when he check raises the flop