Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Online pros: How many STTs per day?

Will you be openraising QQ+ with 7-10 BB's here too?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is 5% attainable? Ive heard theres some nasty swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Justin Bonomo had like I think a 13% after 1000. I don't know what it would be at 4000 sng's, maybe 5%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm..ROI is independent of variance?

Couldn't you just as easily believe that Justin's ROI would be 18% after 4000 sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really understand what you mean but...

1 - 18% impossible
2 - 1000 is still far from true ROI. His next 1000 could be a 3%.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you expect other people to know what you are capable of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm "capable" of playing as many as I need to in order to succeed doing this full time. However, theres other areas in my life(staying in shape, religion, etc.) where I'd like to dedicate some tiime to, so I am wondering the minimum I could play each day and still meet my goals.

Obviously I don't expect any of you to have an exact answer for my situation, but I would think that some have faced a similar scenario in the past and might be able to give some helpful advice.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chill, I dont play 215's.

Justin Bonomo had like I think a 13% after 1000. I don't know what it would be at 4000 sng's, maybe 5%. Other players have different results.

Ask someone with 3000-4000 sng's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post some stats after here each month just if anyone is curious to have these questions answered.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 PM

Let me get this straight. You don't know how to calculate how many SNGs you need to play to make X per month given an ROI of Y. You've never really bothered to calculate your ROI, but you know you can beat the 215's 10 at a time. Now you are ready to drop $2000+ per set, just tell me how many to play....

Man, if your looking for a way to blow your bankroll I can think of a million more enjoyable ways to do it, but 10-tabling the 215's will be very efficient if your pressed for time.

I'm sure the 215 guys who are sharpening their knives right now will be pissed that anybody would tell you not to dive right in.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Justin Bonomo had like I think a 13% after 1000. I don't know what it would be at 4000 sng's, maybe 5%. Other players have different results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post some stats after here each month just if anyone is curious to have these questions answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read the FAQ about posting stats. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Dude... you're better than this. I know you are, you know you are.

You know how do to the math.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight. You don't know how to calculate how many SNGs you need to play to make X per month given an ROI of Y. You've never really bothered to calculate your ROI, but you know you can beat the 215's 10 at a time. Now you are ready to drop $2000+ per set, just tell me how many to play....

Man, if your looking for a way to blow your bankroll I can think of a million more enjoyable ways to do it, but 10-tabling the 215's will be very efficient if your pressed for time.

I'm sure the 215 guys who are sharpening their knives right now will be pissed that anybody would tell you not to dive right in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played at this level for over 3 years as I've been working full time or a student. I've made over $40,000 in those 3 years just on STTs and another $60,000 or so playing MTTs. That is why I'm confident. Its just that I've never kept any exact stats.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude... you're better than this. I know you are, you know you are.

You know how do to the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

math doesn't take into account fatigue and your play getting worse if you play too much.

If anyone can actually answer my question, I'd appriciate it.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read the FAQ about posting stats. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The short answer is that most likely no one cares about your stats. But if you’re thinking about posting them, there’s probably a reason. Before you do so, you should know that to come to any sort of idea about what your “actual” stats are, you’re going to have to play about 500 games at a level before anyone takes your numbers seriously. Smaller sample sizes are just plain old too small to be worthwhile. Here is a very good thread about confidence intervals and SNGs. Here is another. "

If I make one thread and it gets no responses, then I'll be able to take a hint and I won't post them anymore. I just thought that since nobody could really answer the question and people themselves were asking, that it might be of some interest. And yes, I'll definitely wait until I'm over 500 games before posting.