Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 08:53 AM

Default AKo

Pretty standard hand but MP is a strange player, 85/12 and very passive on the flop and turn. On the river he donks a lot - he actually bets the river twice as often as he bets the flop, so not a very common player.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero?

For once he didn't donk. Do I have a valuebet?

Is the turn check OK considering his tendencies?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: AKo

I think you're missing value if you check this behind. Normally against a LP, I would bet the turn and check behind river.
But with your read that says he likes to donk the river (which I guess means he has something) I think there's value in another bet on the river since he didn't donk this time.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're missing value if you check this behind. Normally against a LP, I would bet the turn and check behind river.
But with your read that says he likes to donk the river (which I guess means he has something) I think there's value in another bet on the river since he didn't donk this time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily, and I should have included this in my description: His river bets are pure bluffs a high percentage of the time. They carry very little information.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 AM

You must bet turn. River I like a check.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must bet turn. River I like a check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, bet the turn here. This is actually a decent flop for your hand. I almost never value bet A high so I check behind the river.