Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 AM

Default KK River decision

MP is a TAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: KK River decision

bet/fold

very unlikely anything bluffs the river after the action if you check to them.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I thought check/call or bet/call but I think you are right a TAG won't CR often enough without a hand that beats me considering the preflop and flop action so I think your line is the best one.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I thought check/call or bet/call but I think you are right a TAG won't CR often enough without a hand that beats me considering the preflop and flop action so I think your line is the best one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not so sure here. It really seems like a valueless bet. What worse hands are calling? Either he has a Q and you get raised or he has a draw and folds. (maybe JJ calls) If you check he may just give up with a flush draw or bet and you can collect the 1 BB with a call.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not so sure here. It really seems like a valueless bet. What worse hands are calling? Either he has a Q and you get raised or he has a draw and folds. (maybe JJ calls) If you check he may just give up with a flush draw or bet and you can collect the 1 BB with a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I check-call. If he has a pair lower than a Q he could fold on this river by checking you let him bet his lower pair and then you can pick off the hand with a call. If he has the Q it's a tough beat but you only lost 1 bet.