Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Default T3o Awkwardly played 2nd pair

Please tear this hand apart!

MP is unknown.
CO is 40/5/0.7.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

I am espeicially looking for thoughts on the flop. I was planning to check out the action and then go for a CR if last position players bet. When I was about to do it something told me no, this hand is too weak, this player is too passive and he waited too long before betting. Yack, bad feeling on every street. Normally I lead on all streets but I am not even sure this is right here.

On the river I hoped I might fold a T, probably a long shot.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: T3o Awkwardly played 2nd pair

stick to the plan and c/r this flop. betting is better than check/calling.

you're not folding a ten, your line bears no resemblance to a king, so I hate the river bet.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 AM

I check/fold this 4 way its just too weak, sure you might be best but the pot is just too small.

If I felt they were fairly tight and my image was tight then I'd bet out hoping to take it down.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:01 AM

Hm, good point. I think bet to see if we can take it down and after that no more money in the center unless we improve.

CR is my standard line but I think you become pot committed almost as the size of the pot starts to become significant.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 AM

Yikes. At least your preflop play was ok.

After that I hate every street. Either bet or c/r the flop. Bet the turn. Check/call the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least your preflop play was ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
That decision, checking T3o in the BB, cost so much effort I was exhausted for the rest of the hand [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 10:35 AM

You're welcome. I always find that it's best to give some positive feedback before criticizing.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either bet or c/r the flop. Bet the turn. Check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am always lost in situations like this. This hand doesn't seem strong enough to bet 2nd out of 4 players. I sometimes checkraise if the button bets and it comes back to me heads up, but I usually hate myself for it. I almost always end up getting shown a King or a better T.

Where is my thinking incorrect?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-26-2005, 10:56 AM

On a ragged board it's awfully hard for anybody to call even one bet without a K or decent T, and, if you want to wait and see what happens behind you on the flop, there's a decent chance that an LP bet is a bluff. The idea is to pick up the pot immediately or, if called, with a bet out on the turn. If you get raised on the turn or river you fold.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea is to pick up the pot immediately or, if called, with a bet out on the turn. If you get raised on the turn or river you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for your response. Let's say you bet and get raised on the flop and everyone else folds. Do you typically call a turn bet? Do you call a river bet if you call the turn?

Thanks again,
Cartman