Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Default John Smith

says he was banned by [censored] for "ninjabumping"

what's the status of this? he wants to be unbanned as well, and doesn't think that ninjabumping should be cause for banning.

c
Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: John Smith

[ QUOTE ]
says he was banned by [censored] for "ninjabumping"

what's the status of this? he wants to be unbanned as well, and doesn't think that ninjabumping should be cause for banning.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

He knew the dangers of doing silly things in OOT, and rarely does anyone think their own actions warrant a ban. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if [censored] chooses to just exile the guy after speaking with him.

Also, it's not as if he didn't know who banned him and why, so I'm not sure why all the mods need to be made aware of it, or why it was even brought to your attention. This practice of, "Well, this one mod banned me, so I'll ask my favorite mods if they can do something about it," is pretty silly.

There is no need for all these threads about particular poster's incidents, IMO.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 PM

i thought that we were supposed to make a post here to notify people of why people are banned and when they were banned, etc, in order to clarify things for other mods. i thought that was a decent policy, but if that's not the policy going forward, i'm fine with that too. did this guy spam all the mods except censored with a please reinstate thing?

c
Old 10-24-2005, 01:25 PM

having just done some reading on it or whatever, if the guy was actually ninjabumping all day or whatever, he deserves what he got. he should get some kind of pm though right? or not? i dunno, whatever.

c
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought that we were supposed to make a post here to notify people of why people are banned and when they were banned, etc, in order to clarify things for other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the policy, I'm obviously not a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've always viewed this forum as a place to talk about overall policies and relatively controversial moderation decisions. But that's just me.

[ QUOTE ]
did this guy spam all the mods except censored with a please reinstate thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't message me, but I can't speak for anyone else. I've just seen a lot of what I was talking about going on lately, especially with [censored]'s bannings. A person doesn't think he deserves to be banned, so he messages the mod he feels is most likely to sympathize with him.

I just wish they would take it up with the mod who banned them rather than trying to get another mod to do something about it. If they don't know the specific mod who banned them (fairly rare in OOT), it's a bit more understandable. But even then, it would be nice if they took it up with a mod from the forum they believe the ban originated.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought that we were supposed to make a post here to notify people of why people are banned and when they were banned, etc, in order to clarify things for other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the policy, I'm obviously not a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've always viewed this forum as a place to talk about overall policies and relatively controversial moderation decisions. But that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is a good policy if neither the guy who got banned nor the mod being asked know who banned the guy in the first place. In this case, it was pretty darn clear, so you should probably just tell the guy to talk to [censored]. I wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up exiled from OOT rather than perma-banned.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM

he sent me a PM from another account about 5 minutes after he was banned so everything was clearlt explained to him. He was also told that I would think about reinstating him but that is wasn't going to happen in a day.

I reinstate almost everyone I ban but I have decided I will not be doing so for John Smith. This Ghost Bumping isn't anywhere close to making some stupid post but an intentional attempt to ruin forum quality for his own amusement. He didn't do this once but rather what looks like all day.

He is clearly free to start a new account and to use the forums so his loss is a small one but appropriate.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:48 PM

I agree.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:19 PM

cool, i'm good with all this stuff. both posters i made threads about i'm chill with their bannings and all that. thanks for the clarifications on poster threads in this forum.

c