Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - A9s cold calling

i 3bet this against these opponents. Remember, you have the button.

On the flop, I try to mix up raising the flop and the turn. But the reason you are waiting til the turn is because you are ahead a lot of the time and are getting value from it. I could even see capping this against certain opponents, is anyone else making this play? If you are consistantly folding to a 3-bet here you are missing a lot of pots. He could be 3betting a pair and a flush draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], an overaggressive PP. Also, what is your table image right now? How much respect does this guy give your turn raise? My default play is to call down after he 3bets.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:16 PM

like stefan said, AF are misleading if you ignore vp$ip. with a vip of 60% he's seeing alot of flops with garbage hands so he can't be aggressive with those, and that decreases the AF. if you did an experiment and only played AA-TT for a few hours you could look at you AF for that span and it would be something like 7 or 8 probably.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Pre flop is fine. It's between 3-betting and cold calling.

I'd wait till the river to raise. I would never fold this hand.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 PM

Hey Jeff, I agree with either waiting til the river to raise or raising on the flop, but a flop raise seems a bit better to me because a.) BB could have many 4-5 out hands and b.) I think it will often induce UTG to give extra action with a worse hand. If the flop were a little drier I think I'd like waiting better. Also this is secondary, or I guess tertiary, but I suppose we lose a bit less when behind a big hand by raising the flop versus the river. Thoughts on those points?

By the way, to the op: I'd 3-bet PF almost always unless the blinds were extremely loose.