Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: ***The Official SossMan Challenge Thread (Free $$ inside)***

I'm all in.

Good luck with it, I know losing weight isn't the easiet thing in the world, but if you have the desire, you can do it.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Update

Old 10-28-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Update

Good job Soss.

Just remember, Cheeseburgers and Desserts are like 27o - just say no!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:28 PM

A good sized bowel movement?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-28-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: ***The Official SossMan Challenge Thread (Free $$ inside)*** OT

The key to any serious weight loss goal:

Old 10-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: ***The Official SossMan Challenge Thread (Free $$ inside)*** OT

I'd like to be added to the list if its not too late, although I do hope you meet your goal, best of luck to ya!

-Lurch
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats and keep it up!

I would have responded to your initial post if I wasn't away, but this is the first I heard of it.

I was wondering why you said, "I want it to be heart healthy (no Atkins)"?

I've been on a low carb life style for over 4 years, and my physicians tell me to keep doing what I've been doing. BP and cholesterol levels both excellent.

The key is to incorporate what you are doing as a life change.
I can tell you this, what ever you drop, will be gained back if you resort to your old tactics.
You must change your diet to something you can live with for the rest of your life, and perform a level of physical activity that can be worked into your schedule "4-ever".

Sure, you can work out more now that your inspired, but you must make exercise part of your future daily schedule.

Some things that have helped me in the past:
1) Keep a food diary. (If you have to write it down, you probably won’t eat it if your not suppose to)
2) Keep an exercise log and change your routines every few weeks so your body does not become too efficient.
3) Include weight training as muscle burns more calories than fat.
4) Do take photos and measurements. Measurements more important that weight as muscle is much more dense than fat.
5) Take a body fat analysis ASAP, to understand your body’s composition.
6) Set interim goals of levels of body fat rather than weight. (I rather weigh 185 at 8% body fat than 175 at 14% body fat for my height)

I would write more but got to go.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Recommendation

Congratulations on taking the hardest step, looking for motivation. I was in shape at your age, 5'10" 170 w/ a decent build. I slowly ballooned up to 240. My wake up came with a physical at age 36 and my cholesteral was 225. My dating life dried up also. I went on a regimen and ultimately made it down to 178 pounds and 8% bodyfat, 32 waist, and was dating stunning girls.

I followed the book Body for Life. I've read many books on the subject and there is no better in my opinion. It is not a diet book, but a lifestyle book. Diets fail, but if you change your way of life, that does not fail. I lost my weight over time, it took 3 years in total. Today, 4 years later, I'm 185 maybe 12% bodyfat.

I don't care about your money, but if you need motivation I'm there for you. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:06 PM

Hey good luck! I have something that might help: always keep some fruit or some other healthy food right next to your computer, or wherever you spend most of your time. If I don't do that, I'll get very hungry, go downstairs and eat the most tasty things I can find (tasty isNOT healthy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). If I keep some apples here, I'll just eat those.