Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: interesting WPT tournament hand

I think it's hilarious that this happens in 10k buy-in events.

Pro's range, IMHO, is very tight. I see this as an easy fold. Pro really can't call here without TJ or a hand that already has AK beat. I can't see pro betting the turn here with TJ into a confused and frustrated internet donk with TPTK (at least not if he's thinking). Obviously, hero called, but I think that if I were pro, I expect hero to call this a large percentage of the time with his two most likely hands (AA,AK).
Old 10-05-2005, 03:13 PM

Also, what does everyone think of hero's flat call assuming he has a set of x's?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM

Pro has a set, maybe KQ. I suppose it's possible that Pro could be holding KJ/KT/Kx (although those holdings seem less likely given hero's ROH and the stack sizes). It seems to me that Pro would not flat call ATF with 4 players yet to act on a board like that without having something big. If it were heads-up or 3-way the pro might call to take the pot from the weak-tightie, but with 4 players yet to act I think he has something that beats TPTK. I think Pro slow-plays a set here (less likely to slowplay top 2-pair) ATF and raises a marginal hand (to isolate against hero). I think hero should fold here despite the delicious pot odds.

If pro outplayed me here than I gotta give him credit for being ballsy enough to call into 4-opponents ATF and then to put in a big bet ATT when hero could have top set, second set, an overpair, or a hand too good to laydown. If pro did steal this pot with a worse hand then it was a very nice play, and I'd rather pay off a nice play than blow off most of my chips with TPTK in a 6-way pot.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero curses himself out for betting instead of checkraising the flop, then figures there's a 3:1 chance of being good here (not to mention the ace outs) so this is a no brainer call after which he can go cry himself to sleep in a side game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, hes getting worse than 2-1... not 3-1.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand has been biased by the poster. If you had included the specific cards, it helps to conjure all the nastiest monsters.

Hero pushes.
Hero has TPTK against what is most likely JT or a pair with 2 spades. I don't know the 1 chip rule myself, but I do know that donkey or not, you will look like a complete fool if you fold the best hand on TV and will have to face yourself everyday.

If he's behind, hero probably has outs, otherwise he went down with a respectable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your post at all.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The hand has been biased by the poster. If you had included the specific cards, it helps to conjure all the nastiest monsters.

Hero pushes.
Hero has TPTK against what is most likely JT or a pair with 2 spades. I don't know the 1 chip rule myself, but I do know that donkey or not, you will look like a complete fool if you fold the best hand on TV and will have to face yourself everyday.

If he's behind, hero probably has outs, otherwise he went down with a respectable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your post at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means the X is important. Is it a 2 or an 8? Theres a difference. I assumed since you neglected to mention the card, it was like a 2 or a 4, not an 8 (a worse card for the hero)
Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, the UTG player is a huge donkey for not saying raise. You'd think that he/she would learn his lesson, but I bet you this same problem shows up in a later live tournament.

As for the hand, I am putting the aggro kid squarely on KJ and instantly moving all in. But then again, that's just my read, I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that you are a fan of the insta-all-in w/out thinking when you sense weakness, but is this really the move here?

As for the 1 chip rule, yeah, hero is a donk who plays too much online.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM

Kick myself and fold.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:56 PM

Yes, like Ansky said,

also I thought the hand was televised.

Hero still should push. JT is just as likely as KQ or XX. The Harrington 10% is still possible (small pocket or something), and villain probably has hero squarely on AK and won't pay him off if he fans the river when he is drawing.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, like Ansky said,

also I thought the hand was televised.

Hero still should push. JT is just as likely as KQ or XX. The Harrington 10% is still possible (small pocket or something), and villain probably has hero squarely on AK and won't pay him off if he fans the river when he is drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say it was a five.