Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: AC this weekend

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tired of the Borgata. There are too many players that play 1/2 NL the same way that I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am tired of the Borgata 10/20 too, but I don't have the bankroll to move up. I just felt like I was wasting time playing the chip game, I don't know...Experiences differ of course. AC poker has changed in a year IMO. The good players have survived, while some of the weaker players have not come back.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AC poker has changed in a year IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I are in complete agreement on this.

-Yarney
Old 10-06-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is the 4-8 at tropicana like the 3-6 at the Borgata?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played the 3/6 at the Borgata for an hour or two, so I can't really comment. I've played maybe 30 or so hours in the trop 4-8, and it's ranged from good to unbelievable. It was only good sunday morning. One of the saturday nights I played it, it was the best game I've ever played. The thing that makes it a much better game than others is there tends to be a bit more agression to go with the standard loose bad play. Having a LAG across the table to help you trap all of the loose passives for multiple bets makes it much more profitable than a straight LP game where you rarely get multiple bets in.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm planning on being at the Taj at some point this Saturday, playing either 5/10 O8B, 3/6 2-way or 3/6 hold-'em. I've never played at the Trop, but I might stop by there, too. I'm thinking maybe a change of scenery will stop my recent bad streak. Is there still an O8B game there and, if so, is it any good?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:11 PM

I haven't been there in months, and I don't play O8, but I think I remember there being 2/4 and 4/8 O8, at least on the board.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:40 AM

I too will be there this weekend (fri night to monday night) with some friends on a break from school. Probably playing 2-4 to 4-8 limit, 1-2 NL, Maybe some O8 if i can find a nice game, hopefully some NLHE tourneys in the $50-100ish buyin range.

we're staying at the best western (on the cheap) and as such, are planning to visit any card room that is good and available. any recommendations (especially on tourneys with good structure and a fishy entrant pool)?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM

I can't speak to tournaments, but for cash games, if you're playing under 10/20, the trop is the place to be. The borgata is nicer, but the waits get insanely long for the lower games. I hear the Taj has short waits for the small games too, but I haven't been there. There are a couple of smaller rooms elsewhere, but I haven't tried them.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:52 AM

I will be at the trop on sunday. Playing 4/8 and pink chip if it gets going. I think the trop is the best place for lower limit games.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:30 PM

I'm assuming 2/3 SB structure for pink chip?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM

Yup. Just like 15-30 with pink chips. Will this week ever end so I can get the hell down there already?

Jeff