Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Longer Sit Out times for VIP players?

Was thinking it may be good to get a petition going to request longer sit out times for VIP players. Do you think the sites would be up for this?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Longer Sit Out times for VIP players?

I don't know about the sites, but as a player, I would not be happy about this. I hate sitting on a wait list for a game while two people have been sitting out at the table for the past 22 hands.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:31 PM

The length they give is plenty, if you need longer, the it is rude not to just leave the table.

It is not very hard to find another seat here.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:46 PM

I disagree.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 PM

Sit out times should be shortened and not lengthened. are people taking naps or going shopping while they sit out?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was thinking it may be good to get a petition going to request longer sit out times for VIP players. Do you think the sites would be up for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a truly horrible idea. Sit-out limits should be shorter. Anyone who misses the blinds twice should be bumped off the table. Tying up a seat for long periods is rude to those at the table and to those waiting for a seat.

I am genuinely curious as to the thoughts of someone who sits out for a long time, and wants to sit out longer. If you have something to do, why don't you just leave, and come back later? There are always plenty of tables available.

Everyone sits at a table because they want to play poker. They sit at a full table (as opposed to 6-max for example) because they prefer the play of a full table. In sitting out for a long period, you are reducing the quality of the game for the others at the table, and you are preventing others who are waiting from playing. What are you doing that is so important that you feel correct in being inconsiderate to so many people?

One argument many make is that it is a good game, and they don't want to leave it. Rudeness towad others aside, sitting out often results in the good game going bad. In online games, if someone is sitting out when it is his BB, I have noticed a much higher probability that the player to his left will refuse the BB and also sit out. I often do the same thing, particularly if there is another player sitting out or even another vacant seat. If I wanted to play short handed, I'd go to a 6-max table. The good game quickly dies with vacant or tied up seats.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:09 PM

Shorter sit-out times for ALL players is obviously what is needed.

If you are referring specifically to Empire VIP players then there is no way that Party would go for this.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:13 PM

I see it time and time again.. If two people sit out, then a couple players don't like it and leave, new players don't want to join and there is no longer a game.

Then everyone has to close up shop and find another game.

You are way off base here wanting longer sit out times. One orbit should be the max.