Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Saved by God?

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they are saved, God heard their call and responded by showing mercy on a faithful Christian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does God have a choice if he will save them or not? He hears all calls right? Does he just save the sincere? Are the rest insincere?

[/ QUOTE ]

God decides
Man has nothing to do with God's choice of who He wants to save
Old 08-31-2005, 06:36 PM

"God chose whom he would save before the foundations of the earth. He does save some and not others.
He does this to make his glory and power known to those of whom he has saved."

Are you one of the lucky ones? If so why do you believe it?
And if your theory is true, meaning that the unsaved can do nothing to help themselves, is it also true that the saved cannot do or say anything bad enough to get out of it?

Perhaps you are saying that the unsaved are doomed, while the saved can still screw up. So the reason not to screw up is just in case you are among the saved?

I don't even think Not Ready believes this stuff.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:45 PM

DS
do you know the five points of reformed theology
1. total depravity
2. unconditional election
3. limited atonement
4. irresistable grace
5. persaverence of the saints

NotReady probably does not beleive this
Reformed theology was what was beleived by the majority of the Christian world until not long after the reformation
Thats when Joseph Arminium came in arguing aagainst the points of Reformed Theology
soon after this most new beleivers liked this better and started following Arminiun and his doctrines of freewill
Now there are very few who are true Calvinist

I only know of 2 on this forum
1.ME
2.Youdontknowmickey
Old 08-31-2005, 07:08 PM

"NotReady probably does not beleive this
Reformed theology was what was beleived by the majority of the Christian world until not long after the reformation
Thats when Joseph Arminium came in arguing aagainst the points of Reformed Theology
soon after this most new beleivers liked this better and started following Arminiun and his doctrines of freewill"

I see. So Not ready is practically an atheist. What a little devil he is not admitting it. Would love to see you two debate. Meanwhile could you answer my question about those who are on the saved list?
Old 08-31-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DS
do you know the five points of reformed theology
1. total depravity
2. unconditional election
3. limited atonement
4. irresistable grace
5. persaverence of the saints

NotReady probably does not beleive this
soon after this most new beleivers liked this better and started following Arminiun and his doctrines of freewill
Now there are very few who are true Calvinist

I only know of 2 on this forum
1.ME
2.Youdontknowmickey

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive asked you to elaborate on your notion of Gods select many times in various ways and this is allways your incredibly general and vague answer. Please elaborate on what reformed theology means to you. If you are unwilling to specificly state anything please give the names of some theologians you respect. As most people understand it, reformed theology goes beyond TULIP. The thing that distinguishes reformed theologists is a belief in a moral obligation for Gods select to work actively to transform the worlds society and culture to more accurately reflect your 1600's ideal.

What does it mean to be one of Gods select and who are they? What do you propose we do about this? You stated somewhere that you found it difficult at first to accept that God actualy hated homosexuals and not merely the sin. Why did you find this difficult? Is it because of predestination and they can not be saved? What should be done with homosexuals here on earth? Are they a lost cause who should be punished?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:11 PM

I believe that he doesn't believe in free will. If you are elected you will believe in God and do what he requires of you, if you are not elected you will not do what is required of you, but it is not your choice as you have no free will. I think this is roughly correct.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If god intervenes, then surely he must intervene totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth should this be true?

The problem would appear to be your expectations.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If god intervenes, then surely he must intervene totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth should this be true?

The problem would appear to be your expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he picks and chooses he must have a reason and therefore he's intervention or lack off are total?

If he has no reason and he randomly chooses then prayer is pointless? Or do you have to buy a ticket to get in the lottery?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you one of the lucky ones? If so why do you believe it?
And if your theory is true, meaning that the unsaved can do nothing to help themselves, is it also true that the saved cannot do or say anything bad enough to get out of it?

Perhaps you are saying that the unsaved are doomed, while the saved can still screw up. So the reason not to screw up is just in case you are among the saved?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i beleive i am one of the lucky ones because i am a christian- all who are truly christians are the "lucky"ones

i beleive i am one of the lucky ones because there is so much evidence to be found in the Bible that this is true

romans9
john17
ephesians1
every page about isrial in the old testement

those that are truly saved can never become unsaved
many beleive that they are saved but later move away from God, they were never truly saved in the first place
if you are truly called by God you can not be unsaved
Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i beleive i am one of the lucky ones because there is so much evidence to be found in the Bible that this is true

romans9
john17
ephesians1
every page about isrial in the old testement

[/ QUOTE ]

Do responses like these anger anyone else? I used to think I could keep a clear, objective head, but it just irritates me that some people are so stupid. Should I be ashamed?

By the way, learn English or have God communicate your thoughts to us telepathically because you suck at writing.