Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 08-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to play at the same table as your girlfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi everyone, jar's girlfriend here. Why do we want to play at the same table? Well, it's a common interest we share, and when we're apart (we live about a half hour from each other), it's something we can do to bond. We're both trying to get better at poker (he's better than I am), and we enjoy talking about hands we've played (AFTER the fact), and laughing about silly players at our tables. Plus, it brings out some healthy competition. We've never softplayed each other, and never, ever discussed hands that were in play. I can understand why Party's blocking it... I'm just sad that it's happening, because it was just one of those nice bonding things, and playing each other heads-up on a private table just wouldn't be the same.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Just spectate each others table. There is no reason why you would have to be at the same table to discuss hands.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 PM

I have about 3 or 4 friends I want to "bond" with too.
Why, oh why, can't we all play at the same table?
Why is Party Poker so darn mean?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM

Yup. When my brother and I are playing, I'll watch his table and he'll watch mine. Hasn't happened in a while (that's what happens when the brother has a newborn), but it's certainly a better option (for the good of the game overall) than sitting at the same table.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It shouldn't have anything to do with IP addresses. These are recycled enough to make it a logistical nightmare to maintain. It's my understanding that if you use the same computer to log on to different accounts, those accounts can never sit at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I don't think we've ever logged into our accounts from the same computer. We've logged in from the same IP before, but that hasn't happened for quite awhile, and it happens pretty rarely, usually only if we're at one or the other's apartments and have a bonus to clear, like, that night.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just spectate each others table. There is no reason why you would have to be at the same table to discuss hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I better start playing more to save up for that second monitor... one 17" CRT won't do it while I'm 4-tabling and trying to watch his tables too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 PM

I could do without your insinuations that we want to collude. I could understand it if we were strangers with 2 posts, but we've both been around here a while. If you look at our posts you'll see that we're legitimate students of the game, and not cheaters.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Oh, well then it should be okay then. Can't see why Party won't let you guys play together since you are so honest.

Now could you help me and my friends play at the same table? We never lie, always look both ways before crossing the street, and my girl friend was once an eagle scout.

Get a clue.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could do without your insinuations that we want to collude. I could understand it if we were strangers with 2 posts, but we've both been around here a while. If you look at our posts you'll see that we're legitimate students of the game, and not cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is insinuating that you have dishonest motives. However, why should Party alter its rules for you? Are we going to parade every couple through and pass judgment on their intentions? I really do not understand why this is such a big issue.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:48 PM

How do you suggest Party distinguish honest folks such as yourselves from colluders who, from their point of view, would be doing the exact same thing as you?