Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: The take sloppy 2nds off the other thread, Worst Announcers on PokerTV

Norman Chad is annoying, but sometimes he comes out with something so far out, something that makes absolutely no sense regardless of the situation. I can't think of anything specific, but it's like if a guy looks at 6-5o Chad might say, "That hand looks about as good as a week-old pair of boxer shorts," or something like that. I find this very entertaining. Usually, if I'm watching with others, I'll continue the weirdness out loud, and try to close with something like, "He's got to watch out, Lon, if he plays this hand right now, he might meet the fellow who wheeled his crippled cousin into the coolie."
Old 07-27-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Norman Chad is Annoying

[ QUOTE ]
Many of you don't remember this ,but back in the 60s, pro football analysts were like the current poker guys, in that they were boring, never said anything controversial, were shills for the game. Then things changed with John Madden.
I assume poker will find its "John Madden" eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that man is Mike Matusow.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of you don't remember this ,but back in the 60s, pro football analysts were like the current poker guys, in that they were boring, never said anything controversial, were shills for the game. Then things changed with John Madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who listened to the cardplayer broadcast of the ME final table will agree, this man is Phil Hellmuth.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: The take sloppy 2nds off the other thread, Worst Announcers on PokerTV

I like norman chad...The worst commentators are the onse on GSN's poker royale: battle of the sexes. They have no clue to what theyre talking about and they make lame jokes.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people who would be poker's John Madden would instead rather be actually playing than announcing?

I find Norman Chad humorous at times. His main problem is that I think he despises hold em and would prefer that another game, like seven card stud, be king of the poker world. Or maybe he just doesn't like no limit. Compare his work on last years WSOP 7CS event and a random NLHE tournament where he makes fun of the young players.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: The take sloppy 2nds off the other thread, Worst Announcers on Pok

I find WPT so boring because it is two card all in before the flop poker. I don't care who is announcing that it is not going to be interesting.
I also harbor ill will towards the WPT for creating all those morons who take 60 seconds everytime it is on them to get the read.