Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 08-05-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: RSS for the 2+2 Forum

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a RSS feed for the 2+2 Forum be great?

For those of you that do not know what I am talking about, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a "lightweight XML format designed to share headlines and other Web content. Think of it as a distributable "What's New" for your site." Kind of a way to have threads pushed to your machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted the same question in COMPUTER TECHNICAL, I think RSS feeds would be accepted with open arms and big THANK YOU.

Who has the time to read through EVERY category on the site...

also to make it easier to read....the rss tag headline should look something like SH-TOPIC or MTT-TOPIC or OOT-Topic
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone besides myself using this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant stuff, Guys. I use Bloglines and it looks great. I'd love to see the magazine get a feed.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone besides myself using this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant stuff, Guys. I use Bloglines and it looks great. I'd love to see the magazine get a feed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies for the slow progress on this... hardly been home for the last couple of weeks (work, not social life, unfortunately). This weekend is looking a bit more promising for getting the rest of the feeds up and moving the PC somewhere it can run full time.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:32 AM

Hi, I've been following this thread with interest - hoping to see a nice RSS feed with 2+2 content too.

Wondered if you'd be interested in seeing the setup that ITH has over there - you can tailor your feed for whatever content you'd like, it's a slick setup and even has RSS 2 as an option too. Not sure who wrote this code but fyi:

RSS Feed Content Generator for ITH (Internet Texas Holdem - dot-com)
Old 08-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Looks like the server is down.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the server is down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wouldn't dignify it with the word "server", but yes, it's currently in bits on my living room carpet. Hopefully find somewhere for it where the noise isn't too noticeable today, then it'll be on all the time.

I'll also get the source code uploaded as promised. On a side note, I found a far better, simpler way of capturing new posts during the week, so the whole importing side of it is getting a rewrite. This will stop the annoying behaviour where an older thread being promoted to the front page causes its whole history to appear in the feed. The crucial fact that I didn't pick up on before is that posts are given sequential numbers that appear in their URLs...
Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM

with the new Google Sidebar debuting i would like REBUMP THIS thought...anyone work on the RSS Feed?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:55 PM

The source code is now up, for VS.NET 2003. If anyone fancies spending some time tidying this up and changing the method of checking for new posts in line with my earlier post, please speak up and I'll write up what changes I have planned. Otherwise I'll hopefully get them done myself over the next several days.

The "server" is now in the back of a cupboard where it can run 24/7, so please post if it appears to be offline. Not sure whether it'll get enough ventilation where it is, so would be useful to know if it's falling over.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:52 PM

Any updates with this? RSS would be great.