Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Another Stop n Go

Villian is something like 47/9/1 through 100+ hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Raise? Fold? I thought I raise was too risky because if I get called (and he almost certainly will) there are a lot of danger cards that might induce a river stop n go. Folding just seems way to weak.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 04-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Another Stop n Go

I expecth him to C/R either the flop or the turn with a K.
If he has no kicker to the K why would he bet the turn after being raised? I would also expect a C/R somewhere with a staright. I think calling down is good.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:36 PM

If you have played 100 hands with this guy, how can you possibly have no reads other than those 3 numbers. Who knows what the stop and go means from this guy? We can't help you. All we have are three numbers. You don't know what to do because you didn't pay attention to how your opponent played, and now you are lost. After 100 hands, you should have a pretty good idea what the stop and go is likely to mean from this guy. We should know if he check-raises ever. If he bluffs ever. If he bets out when he makes his hand or makes two pair. How does he respond to a flop raise with mediocre hands? Does he fold to raises on later streets ever, or has he called down every time? You have seen this guy play 50 hands postflop, and you have 0 information about his postflop play. Take notes!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have played 100 hands with this guy, how can you possibly have no reads other than those 3 numbers. Who knows what the stop and go means from this guy? We can't help you. All we have are three numbers. You don't know what to do because you didn't pay attention to how your opponent played, and now you are lost. After 100 hands, you should have a pretty good idea what the stop and go is likely to mean from this guy. We should know if he check-raises ever. If he bluffs ever. If he bets out when he makes his hand or makes two pair. How does he respond to a flop raise with mediocre hands? Does he fold to raises on later streets ever, or has he called down every time? You have seen this guy play 50 hands postflop, and you have 0 information about his postflop play. Take notes!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnd [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

FWIW I've found that since I've moved to 10/20 the very first note I make on my opponents is generally something about what their "gaybets" mean.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have played 100 hands with this guy, how can you possibly have no reads other than those 3 numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did he say he played 100 hands with him? ...datamining
Old 04-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Sorry if I didn't include enough information, but he was mostly loose passive obvious, and I had not seen a stop-n-go from him so far as I could recall or had notes on.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:52 PM

Good point.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

where did he say he played 100 hands with him? ...datamining

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite possible... I sat down with about 88 hands on him already and no notes.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:59 PM

considering the circumstances I think a call down here is correct.

Tom
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 PM

I think I would probably call down. You are getting about 3:1ish on a call down and you might have outs. When someone acts different than they normally do, I want to see what they have for cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turned over two pair or if he turned over a hand with a straight and a flush draw, something with the Jh or Th in it. So you might be good, you might have outs and worst case you get some valuable information.

The thing making me want to call down is the guy check-raised before when he made his hand. So, we think he might be a check-raiser when he makes his hand so if he is not check-raising here, it is less likely he has two pair.

There are some other considerations-- I assume you have been free carding this passive guy to death. If so, he might be getting sick of that crap and decided to stop-and-go you so you don't get another free card. That would be another reason to call down, because he might be doing the stop and go with a worse hand.

Tough spot-- thanks for the updated read though. Makes analyzing the situation a little easier.