Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Default KQs gets 3 bet by TAG

Villain 18/9 postflop aggr 3.09
Went to Sd : 25% after about 200 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
Old 01-27-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: KQs gets 3 bet by TAG

I think you played it well. Unless Villain is varying his usual play greatly in the hand, it's hard to see what he could have that you beat on the river. I doubt he would raise the flop with TT. And another KQs, for a chop, isn't particularly likely either, even if Villain would 3-bet that preflop, which isn't at all certain.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:03 PM

Looks fine to me. I can't come up with hands that 3-bet preflop and don't beat you on the river. It's a shame you had that flush-draw to string you along. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 01-27-2005, 04:19 PM

Anyone else like a semi-bluff bet on the turn? I think I might. Even if you're raised, it's not terrible since you have a lot of nut outs.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else like a semi-bluff bet on the turn? I think I might. Even if you're raised, it's not terrible since you have a lot of nut outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that no 3 betting hand will fold to a bet here. KK might be scared, but he's calling down especially with the T's as outs to a straight. Most everything else will be raising with the exception of maybe AK, which although not the end of the world, I don't want.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:49 PM

You aren't really beating any reasonable threebet hands here other than maybe 1010 if he'd threebet that. If he's betting 10 10 into you like he is, then he's got nuts of steel. I think you made a good fold...second pair is probably no good here...you are probably behind AK.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that no 3 betting hand will fold to a bet here. KK might be scared, but he's calling down especially with the T's as outs to a straight. Most everything else will be raising with the exception of maybe AK, which although not the end of the world, I don't want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered the turn semi-bluff possibility too, before I responded, but decided I didn't like that plan, for the reasons you mention.