Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-15-2004, 08:24 PM

Default bad beat im really pissed

Marty / Messel: The Rematch (submitted by Marty)

A tear flows from my eyes as I compose this story (If only it was just a story). The is Marty from New York, now living in a suburb of Chicago. You may remember my horrific bad beat I received from "Messel." That oh-so-unlucky river cost me thousands of dollars, my family and my social life. I vowed never to play again. Two words: I lied.

I won the lottery the day before leaving for my new town, a suburb in Chicago. It was worth 1.6 million dollars! I was a millionaire (but not after taxes). I thought I was done with poker.

Yeah...

Right....

The Place: Underground home game in North Chicago. It was a $200- $400 No Limit game. As far as I know, this is the largest NL game in the world.

The Players:

Me (Marty) - I am sitting tight, but a little rusty. I probably shouldn't be sitting in this game.

Jim - We call him BadbeatJim. He gets lucky every single card. Hands out bad beats like they were free.

Dorner: Ok, he just sucks. Rich idiot that is stuck about a million!

Mike - Basically a crazy maniac.

Bob - The tightest, smartest, and most aggressive in the game.

Messel - Yes, you read that name right. This is the same "Messel" that I lost that huge pot to back in New York. Either he followed me here or he just heard about the game the same way I did. It hurts me to say this, but he and his mad psycho personality were truly back.

The Stacks: (min buy-in = $200,000)

Me - 450,000 (bought in for $400,000)

Jim - $ 1,200,000

Dorner - $ 19,000 (Jim just bad beated him)

Mike - $ 500,000 (is hurting an has re-bought twice)

Bob - $ 275,000

Messel - $ 1.7 million (all in three straight hands)

The Hand:

Preflop: I pick up Black Kings UTG and make it 1,000 to go (the standard raise). Jim smooth calls, and Dorner moves in for 19,000. Mike insta-calls this. Bob folds and Messel makes it 50,000 to go. I know he has a pocket pair that is NOT AA or QQ (he would slow play those two). I call and Jim folds Ad2d face up, a rare laydown. Mike calls.

Flop: The flop is a dream: [As-Ac-Ah]. I have the nuts, seeing that Jim folded Ad2d. Jim does an Indian rain dance (or so it seemed), probably because he folded the absolute nuts. Messel checks. I check. Mike fires out 75,000, but in the process accidentally flips over his cards: QJo. The table sees them but he quickly turns them over. Messel makes it 150,000 to go and I smooth call. Mike thinks for about five minutes and then pushes in a
raise of 75,000 more. What the hell was he thinking? He had QdJs! Messel calls and I decided it was best to move in for about $200,000 more. Mike swears, thinks forever, and then folds his QdJs face up (I think he was tilting before the hand). Messel throws the money into the pot and yells. "Full-****ing House." I smiled once again. This time I had him. He showed 4s4d.

Messel threw his drink table about twenty feet and just missed a 20,000 vase. He was livid. After berating me for my play (?) he yells for the dealer to deal the cards.

Turn: The turn brought the 4. The multi-multi millionaire that is Messel jumps in glee. He thinks that he has just turned a better full house. Suddenly he realizes his fate. Uttering the same lines as last time he states: "I feel a mother ****ing four."

The River: I quit poker. I quit poker. I am done. This is it. I have written it in ink. I am through with gambling. The river was the last 4.

If you thought Messel was happy last time, you should have seen him this time. He actually THREW A PARTY with his closest friends about the bad beat. What a fricken low life. He and the other degenerates (and sad to say I have become one), should seriously take a one way train to Hades.

I quit cards.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Re: bad beat im really pissed

Please stop posting in this forum.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: You need to make one quick edit

[ QUOTE ]
A tear flows from my eyes as I compose this story

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot the adjective "massive". A single "massive tear flows from my eyes..."

Please don't get upset about losing all of your play money chips. If you ask politely, Party Poker can always give you some more. And if you want quantity, then it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who's trying to sell 1,000,000 play chips for the unbelievably low price of $100 on ebay.

Now beat it.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:51 PM

You are being cheated, you schmuck.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:00 PM

i'm messel, and you got the story all wrong.
the money went in on the turn.
plus thats what you get for slowplaying KK like that preflop.
idiot.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:12 PM

Wow. You're a real big timer!

Do you hang with Jay Z and drink the Cristal?

I wish I was you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 12:50 AM

can someone get rid of this clown?
Old 11-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Cheer up, guy. You've still got that first million you won. The check should be in by the time Tommy and Guido come to collect your knee caps next week, so there's nothing to worry about.
More importantly, I think cristal spelled with a y, but I'm not sure.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:06 PM

im surprised he didnt throw in the old, this bad beat was only possible because "someone had folded K4 and the cards were shuffled back into the deck".

poker is a sick game though :-/.

one of my friends is consistently taking two outers on the river right now, 5 in the last few days...dont know how to cheer the poor guy up. hes a college student and has lost 5/6ths of his bankroll to this garbage, wish hed play more within his bankroll.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Re: You need to make one quick edit

[ QUOTE ]

If you ask politely, Party Poker can always give you some more. And if you want quantity, then it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who's trying to sell 1,000,000 play chips for the unbelievably low price of $100 on ebay.

Now beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? I paid $115 for my play chips