Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Official Martial Arts Thread

As far as grappling goes, and all that UFC kind of stuff, the most impressive martial arts information I've ever seen was a military hand-to-hand combat book with a chapter filled just with ways to tear off a lip, an ear, a nose or poke out an eye, etc. The pencil drawings made me queasy. There was one that involved I think index finger up nostril, thumb down the throat, and one or two fingers in the eye socket.

Not that I've ever been in a fight (since 6th grade, always with my best friend), but guys who stand around and throw punches at each other in a bar fight, would really rather be making out with each other except that they're embarrassed and succumb to peer pressure. If you've really got to be in a fight, it should get very ugly. And kicks to the head are really funny. I remember in a ML baseball game, a Korean guy got tangled up with the 2nd baseman. They froze and stared down a split second. Then out of nowhere the Korean guy came out with a lightning fast round house kick to the head. Which looked really cool until it met the big dopey looking white guys left forearm, after whcih the Korean guy was flat on his back, sat on, waiting to get his face caved in.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Official Martial Arts Thread

I remember learning bits of Korean for the oral portition of the test for black belt, but all the forms we did were called by their english names, (I can only remember the name of one called Heaven & Earth). Although, the one we learned for the 2nd degree test was referred to only by its Korean name, which of course, escapes me.